13 days ago
Analyst, Primary Research
More information about this job
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Economist Group’s thought leadership (TL) division produces high quality editorial content for a wide range of global corporate clients, foundations and governments. The team sells content programs addressing business and geopolitical trends to senior marketing and communications executives in a diverse range of industries and sectors.
The Analyst, Primary Research role is a lead consultant on thought leadership primary research (qualitative and quantitative) from proposal development through to final client presentations. The scope of the global thought leadership research includes business and consumer audiences across the full breadth of industries. To deliver this, the role will involve liaising with clients and internal editors on the stories they aim to tell through the research and helping to shape the survey scope, instrument and analysis to deliver on this need. This also includes managing/directing internal support teams who manage the implementation of the research (survey programming, fielding and data tabulations) as well as external field partners. Experience creating indexes, scorecards and barometers from survey data is a plus. Role requires someone who can multi-task in a fast paced environment, work with constituents across multiple regions, and has strong interpersonal and writing skills.
In this role you will be expected to:
* Provide applied research consultation during the rfp/proposal stage on how best to deliver on client’s thought leadership and/or brand/strategy research needs
* Conduct internet searches to understand whether similar studies have been conducted on the topic recently and how to distinguish this work
* Develop scoping documents to share with vendors to garner bids
* Support internal editorial team and client to develop story arc for questionnaire development, and provide consultation on the questionnaire content and structure
* Manage day-today relationship with client/editorial lead on research project advising on progress and any issues
* Manage internal support teams on survey logistics (programming, fielding, data tabulations, etc.)
* Develop analytic plan for how results should be tabulated and evaluated
* Develop executive summary of results to inform editorial interpretation
* Play a supportive role in growing the business and standardising processes
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you will demonstrate:
* The ability to work with external vendors to scope and budget research
* The ability to analyse survey data to define the story, key insights and implications
* Experience in managing project milestones and quality oversight, ensuring projects are delivered in a timely manner.
* The ability to aesthetically appealing PowerPoint decksA
* The ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
* Strong interpersonal skills in managing relationships, inside and outside company, and managing expectations while preserving the Economist Intelligence Unit's editorial independence and integrity.
* That you have a proactive mindset, ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
* Superior communication and writing skills.
* That you are very detail-oriented
* That you are commercially minded, with desire to support growth of globally competitive survey business
To succeed in this role you will have
* Background knowledge of industry-standard survey platforms (such as: Confirmit, Qualtrics)
* Familiarity with major issues facing global companies - corporate governance, outsourcing, global competition, digital transformation, skills gap, knowledge of specific industry trends, etc.
* Experience in creating research indexes, rankings or models with survey or secondary data
* Experience with qualitative research design (proposal development, screener development, interview/focus group guide development, conducting in-depth interviews, moderating in-person or online groups, developing qualitative executive summaries, presenting results)
* Experience conducting research with consumer audiences (general population, Millennials, High Net Worth individuals, etc.)
* Experience in quantitative research design (proposal development, survey instrument development, sample planning, field management, testing programmed surveys, analytic plan development, reviewing data tabulations, analyzing results, developing executive summaries, presenting results, validating data use)
* Extensive experience of primary research experience, particularly in quantitative/survey research
* Knowledge of conducting research with executive and professional audiences (business, government/policy, NGOs, hospital/healthcare professionals, DC opinion elites)
* Experience of conducting research across various geographies and industries.
* Experience of conducting research across various methodologies (online, phone, in-person
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.