An international company which specialises in medical products is seeking to fill a Junior Android Developer position. The company.
An innovative, international healthcare company based in Greater London with distributors in over 60 countries. One of the largest and most well recognised names within the UK’s healthcare sector. They have a rapidly growing international business with a large and expanding geographic footprint. To help take the international business to the next level we are looking for a talented Junior Android Developer to support the International team and network of distributors with their marketing. The role.
We are looking for a talented Android designer with an eye for detail to work closely alongside the Lead Android Developer and team of graphic designers to create and maintain educational apps and games as well as helping to look after the website.
As a key team member you'll be responsible for developing, testing, deploying and maintaining software as well as finding innovative solutions to technical challenges. The experience we need.
- 1 year industry experience
- A BA (Hons) degree in Computer Science/Programming
- Able to produce work under tight timeframes
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Desirable web skills:
What you’ll get in return.
- Good knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Good PHP knowledge to be able to edit existing PHP driven web sites
- Basic MySQL knowledge
A competitive basic salary is on offer dependant on level of experience. They also have an annual bonus scheme. 24 days holiday as standard. Healthcare is offered after 6 months of service. They have lots of social events, company activity days out and takeaway Friday’s.How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Rachael Ellison a call.