4 months ago
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM), you will be part of the APMM Program, Google’s global, renowned early-career program, which was started in 2003. As the start of your career in Marketing at Google, the APMM Program provides the skills you will need to become a world-class digital Marketer.
Opening date for applications: 24th January 2018
Closing date for applications: 22nd February 2018
Competitive salary applies.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for new feature launches. Oversee positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization.
* Develop messaging, collateral, events, and business strategies aimed at acquiring advertisers and publishers and increasing our engagement with them. Measure the efficacy of such programs.
* Use quantitative methods, models and research to help Google better understand consumer and advertiser behavior in order to provide important feedback for the product and strategic development cycle.
* Determine return on investment for projects.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in tech marketing, brand management, strategy consulting, working with agencies, and/or work experience in a related field.
* Deep understanding of Google's products and technology industry.
* Demonstrated analytical success. Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
* Demonstrated innovation and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Penchant for technology, with the ability to use your creative skills to "think outside the box", and to use your leadership skills to execute effectively.
* Demonstrated 'global mindset', with the ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures and scenarios.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.