7 days ago
Avalon Business Analyst – Milton Keynes
Avalon Business Analyst – Milton Keynes
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join a critical Programme in our Eldergate office, in Milton Keynes.
As a member of the Technology & Operations team you will be supporting the implementation of Avalon, a key strategic initiative for Finance, Risk and the Bank as a whole. The objective of Avalon is to simplify the provisioning of reporting and management information by building an information view for Finance & Risk users, aligned and consistent with the rest of the Bank. These views leverage a unique, granular and structured repository within Santander UK Data Lake (Big Data Ecosystem).
Reporting to the Avalon Project Manager, and working within a multi-disciplinary team, operating within a dynamic project environment, you will deliver rapid and continuous value to the business. Collaborating with internal and external specialists, this value will be maximized through leveraging new technology innovations
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Analysing and understanding business requirements and seeking ways to apply technology to address the business need
* Taking ownership and accountabilities for the delivery of team goals
* Working with the team to ensure rapid and successful delivery of value to the business
* Working in effective collaboration with the team, and other stakeholders, to achieve project goals
* Applying innovative thinking and respond rapidly to project challenges, to ensure objectives are met
Minimum skills and experience required
* Previous experience working in a business analyst role, working under Agile environments
* Aptitude for conceptual thinking and working from first principles, rather than using a standard prescribed formula
* Ability to understand complex processes and how to apply technological solutions – knowledge and experience of ‘Big Data’, calculation engines, innovation tools etc.
* An active team player contributing to team objectives and taking ownership, and accountability, for delivery of goals
* Financial Services experience, paired with functional or technical subject matter knowledge, in Finance or Risk, is highly desirable
Salary – Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, stakeholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.