A leading law firm in the city of London is looking for a Business Development Executive reporting to the BD Manager, who oversees the Funds and Private Equity sectors, and working alongside the Co-Heads of the Funds and Private Equity Industries in the management of the industry client portfolio and global BD activities. The primary goal of the role holder is to drive revenue growth within this industry from existing and new client opportunities.
Main responsibilities include:
* Delivery of client plans and achieving the industry revenue and priority client revenue targets for the industry and priority clients
* Monitoring intel and looking into new opportunities for priority clients and prospect targets
* Setting, monitoring and delivery of global strategic industry plans, client budgets and financial reporting
* Co-ordinating the Strategy and Development Panel Meetings in Europe and APAC to progress the delivery of the Funds industry plan
* Supporting key conference sponsorships and organise all BD activities around these key cross-selling, high profile events
* Cross-selling the firm's Funds industry expertise internally and to existing and prospective clients
* Providing broad sector oversight including the identification of new trends, spotting new opportunities and engaging our client teams around these to win business.
* Deliver global panel pitches, or strategically important pitches
* Ensuring the capture of pitch metrics
* Proactively track client and industry news and trends using available resources to spot revenue generation opportunities and driving these opportunities to their ultimate conclusion
* Analysing existing client relationships and, using gap analysis, identify and drive cross selling opportunities
The ideal candidate must have significant front line business development and CRM experience, ideally having run or been a part of global client relationship management programmes for clients, in a law firm or professional services environment. Candidates with relevant industry experience, looking to transition from a legal practice role to a business development role would also be considered. The BD Executive should hold a good university degree or equivalent qualification. Good people management skills, particularly experience in engaging with partners and senior management as well as developing and nurturing junior team members is necessary. Experience of managing large panel pitches and significant tenders, and knowledge and experience of managing budgets is highly desirable. Experience in undertaking client feedback reviews will be beneficial but not essential.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC