A national property firm has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager, located in Cambridge. The Business Development Manager for the Commercial Division will play a key role in implementing group strategy and implementing business plans for these two divisions, working alongside the Head of Business Development. You will be responsible for the overall delivery of business development to the Commercial division nationally, the role includes implementing the business development strategies to support the delivery of business plans, sector plans, client targeting, pitching and client management.
Your key duties will involve:
* Leadership and management - You will be the first point of contact for all business development activities, providing direction, advice and coaching to the fee earners. This involves providing counsel to senior fee earners on all aspects of business development activity, providing divisional specific reports and updates to the divisions and the Central Business Development team, being an ambassador for and implementing national best practice standards for business development and ensuring they are followed.
* Strategy - You will work with the Head of BD to support the development and implementation of the firm's Group strategy. This involves working closely with the Planning and Residential divisions nationally to ensure that divisional plans are created and driven forwards, actively work with the Head of BD to roll out the firm's key client management programme and pitching best practice and client targeting approach.
* Key Client Management - You will support the key client programme, working with the Head of BD and office heads to develop the KCM strategy designed to deliver growth, and develop/protect client relationships.
* Bid/Tender Management - You will input into the ongoing development of the bid management process and the delivery of supporting materials. This involves the production and submission of the divisional bid/tender documents nationally, tracking and measuring bid success and continually working to improve win rates, acting as project manager on large-scale pitches as required, coaching senior fee-earners on the delivery of their presentations.
* Client targeting/CRM - You will support the process for selecting target clients and their tracking across the business. This involves implementation of a pipeline approach across the divisions, creation of sector pursuit plans as required, supporting the implementation of a CRM system and being an ambassador for it, encouraging cross-selling between all areas of the firm.
* Brand and communications - You will work with the Head of BD and the Marcoms team on client specific materials, ensuring that it reflects the positioning and messaging of the firm's brand.
You will be educated to degree standard or equivalent with a proven background in marketing and experience of developing new business opportunities, business plans and strategies. You will have experience in leading and managing a team, building and maintaining relationships with internal colleagues and external clients at all levels. The BD Manager must have worked within a professional services environment and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC