18 days ago
Business Analyst - 6 month Fixed Term Contract
* Business Analyst - 6 month Fixed Term Contract
* Saga Travel & Holidays Ltd
* 22/05/2018 22:59
Job Description Summary
Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our ethos and careers that are full of possibilities.
Project Darwin is the transformational project across the Tour Operating Division involving Saga Holidays, Titan Travel and Saga Cruises – the project will run across all businesses. Project Darwin will see us creating a technical landscape that’s fit for the future and fundamentally transforming the way we work. The project will be an involving and collaborative project that will include working with people from across all areas of Titan, Saga Holidays and Saga Cruises – a great opportunity to build you profile and develop within the business.
The Business Analyst works within the Change Management team with Saga Holidays, Titan Travel and Saga Cruises. The purpose of this team is to provide Project Management and Business Analysis to drive through successful change into the Travel business. This may take the form of analysing requirements of new/changed product and systems offerings or strategic change to any part of the business and undertaking process reviews and re-engineering.
The focus of the job role is on providing a structured, documented requirements engineering process that provides a framework to support both the business and the Travel IT teams to produce systems that accurately meet the business needs.
The purpose of this role is to understand the business change needs, assessing the impact of the changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with the relevant parties within a very competitive and fast changing commercial environment.
In addition the role will ensure that the Travel business has a detailed understanding of both the development process and the roles and responsibilities of the business within this process.
The Business Analyst will be directly engaged in all areas of the business with regards to system enhancements. Training will be provided to help expand individuals competency.
This role encompasses a variety of skills from analysis, management of changing requirements, stakeholder management, business process modelling and development of process architectures and support/interaction to business, and development project management teams throughout the lifecycle of the project.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Whilst the role is based in Folkestone, frequent travel to Redhill to work at the Titan offices is required.
If you're an internal applicant, please can you agree this secondment with your line manager prior to applying.
Please note, this is a 6 month fixed term contract.
• Work within Change Management team to effectively manage the Requirements engineering process and business analysis so that all requirements are accurately documented and communicated to stakeholders.
• Ensure that business knowledge is up to date in order to advise on alternative solutions to existing problems, therefore avoiding unnecessary application development where possible.
• Attend regular project meetings with stakeholders to reduce possible scope creep and ensuring continued relevance of requirements.
• Assist in the recommendation of appropriate Information Technology solutions to fit business needs and commensurate with the business case.
• Provide written documentation at required level to ensure that thorough understanding of the requirements is agreed with both stakeholders and development teams.
• Assist in reviewing, test and verify that assigned tasks are meeting the agreed business requirements.
• Liaise and support the Project Manager to ensure they are updated on any risks or issues identified during requirements gathering and agreeing functional spec.
• Where appropriate, assist UAT team with regards to raising test plans.
• Provide first line of contact between business and development teams both during the requirements engineering process and through the development lifecycle.
• Create and maintain good working relationship with operational and business project teams.
• Ensure appropriate levels of documentation are maintained and skills/knowledge of an application area is shared with colleagues to provide development opportunities and adequate skills cover.
• Undertake any other duties assigned by your line manager.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Ability to proactively communicate and collaborate with Key stakeholders and business users, to clearly and concisely capture and document the overall business requirements for change.
• Logical approach to problem solving.
• Ability to work under pressure and engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Understanding of Business process modelling. RAD (Role Activity Diagrams) and UML modelling – or self-study to build understanding.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of the business systems and processes in order that applicable opportunities can be identified.
• Ability to determine comprehensive business requirements, functional and non-functional.
• Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into detail, build up detail from low-level information and distinguish the true underlying needs.
• Elicit requirements using various techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops. surveys, business process reviews, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Ability to create and deliver clear presentations and to facilitate workshops to gain and agree requirements and solutions.
• Understanding of change management.
• Ability to determine and gain support for business case and benefits delivery.
• Understanding (or a willingness to learn) the Requirements engineering process to include the following.
o Requirements elicitation and methods.
o Requirements documentation and standards.
o Requirements analysis and negotiation.
o Requirements validation and techniques.
• Ability to communicate with IT Management and developers to detail the required changes into a functional document that can be easily understood and encapsulated.
• Application prototyping and screen modelling for elicitation and analysis of requirements.
• Able to demonstrate a pragmatic understanding and experience in building software solutions.
• Demonstrate experience (both technical and business centric) of application solutions accounted for by this role.
Education and Qualifications:
• Graduate calibre.
• BCS Business Analysis Practitioner certificate (or willingness to undertake relevant qualification) is desirable.
• Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads.
• Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Able to influence peers and business.
• Takes ownership of deliverables.
• Understands competing objectives of commercial benefit and internal quality and when to make effective compromises.
• Recognises opportunities for improvement and uses initiative to introduce them.
• Works under own initiative and manages own timescales.
• Thorough understanding of Travel.
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
• Demonstrates the Saga & Titan Brand values.
• Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
• Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects.
• Enthusiastic about change but sensitive to the effect of change on people and the business.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications.
• Dynamic and forward thinking.
• Creative thinker.
• Genuine commitment to getting it right, first time.
• Excellent time management skills to enable successful delivery within pre-set deadlines and to the required standard.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.