Business Development Assistant - IBB Solicitors
This job expired on 09-03-2012
|Salary band:||£15k - £20k|
|Location:||London , West London , Middlesex|
|Job Categories:||Marketing and Sales Jobs|
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with B2B marketing experience to join a top 20 international law firm. Reporting into a Business Development Executive, you will focus on providing support to the Real Estate practice including budgeting and planning, client care, event management, marketing collateral, PR and internal communications. You will also support the wider marketing team in driving firmwide initiatives. It is essential that you are confident working with senior management and can build strong relationships internally. Organisation, project management and prioritisation skills are also essential.
IBB offers all its staff exceptional opportunities in an exciting and supportive working environment. Our culture encourages our individuals to develop expertise and eminence in their own professional area. To do this requires the hard work and dedication of leading individuals throughout our Business Support teams.
As West London's leading law firm, IBB enjoys a reputation for representing significant clients in complex legal matters. We are always looking for talented individuals with the ability, integrity, and initiative necessary to maintain these qualities and to ensure that our firm continues to be a stimulating and rewarding place to work.
What we look for
As a growing firm, we recruit professional business support staff at all levels. We look for individuals who
- flourish in a challenging professional environment
- actively seek to add value in all that they do
- are eager to work hard, learn new skills and take ownership of their career
- embrace the ethos of IBB and share our core values
- have a record of academic excellence and personal achievement
- are excited about the prospect of being a part of IBB
We value the skills, knowledge, expertise and relationships that quality individuals bring to the firm. At the same time, we are sensitive to the challenges involved in making a transition to a new firm, and we therefore invest considerable time and resources to support your entry in to the firm.
IBB Solicitors is looking for a BD Assistant on a six month contract, commencing late February. IBB Solicitors' practice areas span commercial, employment, charities, commercial and residential real estate, family, private client, and community legal services. The firm and its partners are ranked highly by independent legal guides Chambers & Partners and Legal 500, and the busy marketing and BD team works on team-specific, cross-collaborative and firmwide campaigns and activities to support the firm's growth.
This role will involve working to support the business development functions. Responsibilities will include researching key targets, industries and people as well as organising client meetings, developing proposals and presentations, creating collateral, team sheets, CVs, awards and testimonials for New Business Development. The role includes sales management responsibilities such as analysing client data, reporting on performance, receiving and disseminating client feedback and supporting the key account management programme of the firm.
The role would suit a graduate of marketing, business management, law or accountancy, interested in broadening their skill base working under the direction of a highly regarded marketer who is also one of the very few non-lawyer Partners in a law firm in the UK.
Knowledge of Microsoft word, Outlook, excel and PowerPoint is required. Being highly conversant with social media, internet search tools, traditional research tools would be advantageous.
The role will report to the Marketing Partner and work closely with the M&BD team to
- Implement the Firm-wide and Group Marketing Plans
- Ensure timely delivery and budgetary control of assigned activities
- Provide input and support in the development of Business Development plans.
- To have an understanding of IBB's business opportunities and develop research and analysis to support these
- To understand IBB's priority targets and key accounts in order to generate and manage information to support improved performance
- To develop a deep knowledge of IBB's own capabilities and address the "know who" requirements of our C2L members
- To understand competitor and market information and provide research and analysis to support Business Development and
- In conjunction with the M&BD team develop and implement Business Development campaigns and projects
- To liaise directly and build relationships with stakeholders in the business for effective implementation of activities
- To build relationships with internal Business Support Group (BSG) teams and resources and ensure effective utilisation of their services to support the marketing and business development objectives
- To be the day to day contact with internal and external teams to ensure co-ordination and execution of activities such as cold calling and reporting, updating of the CRM for managing C2L referrals
- To agree and monitor KPIs with the M&BD team for each activity within the campaign and or projects and ensure this is recorded and reported
- To assist with the financial management of the C2L programme under the guidance of the BD Executive
- To regularly update the M&BD team on progress against plan
Marketing and Business Development:
- Project manage pursuits of specific opportunities, providing timely research and analysis, structure and support to Partners and pursuit teams
- Research target companies, sectors and markets in support of business development
- Support the C2L membership programme through sourcing speakers for events, managing and meeting attendees, targeting and meeting with targetlaw firms across West London
- Give guidance and support to fee earners on the creation and use of collateral, team sheets, CVs and profiles, capability sheets and testimonials. Provide these to partners and suppliers on a timely basis.
- Personally draft copy for agendas, introductory letters, collateral and BD support material
- Support the administration of the IBB client programme
- Ensure materials and handouts produced adhere to the IBB Brand
- Ambitious and motivated
- Strong team player
- The confidence to work with individuals internally and externally, and happy to challenge views
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- High level of visual accuracy, attention to detail and interest in a variety of media.
- Enthusiasm for business development activities in general and client service in particular
- A "can do" attitude, resilience and a sense of fun
- Business research and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Communication skills
- Numeracy and reporting skills
None, although having worked in a commercial or professional environment as a placement or intern would be advantageous.
To apply, please visit our website and click on the 'Join Us At IBB' section.