This is a great opportunity for someone with solid Business Development experience to join a global Business Development operation. The Business Development Manager will be based in Guernsey and have the opportunity to be become a key member of the office, proactively creating and managing the implementation of the Guernsey service lines' BD plans. Liaising with partners, fee earners and European BD team, you will agree and analyse strategy and prioritise new business development opportunities. This position would come with relocation support, as necessary.
Main responsibilities include:
* Developing and implementing the Guernsey Business Development plans for the relevant service lines including events.
* Ensuring regular planning and review meetings are scheduled with each of the service line teams and that planned activity is budgeted, reviewed and monitored.
* Translating the service line BD plans into individual partner BD plans with assigned responsibilities and targets, providing updates against progress as required.
* Developing effective targeting strategies and lists for each of the service lines.
* Building your own network of BD peers within the firm's target clients and intermediaries, in support of the service line business development plans and service line team activity.
* Developing a comprehensive suite of collateral for Guernsey legal service lines.
* Ensuring delivery of Chambers, Legal 500 & ILFR directory submissions including reviewing and monitoring results.
* Developing and supporting key client and intermediary programmes.
* Supporting partners and associates in the preparation of pitches and proposals.
* Supporting the group training function as required with the development and delivery of BD training modules.
* Actively developing and mentoring direct reports.
* Supporting training and knowledge sharing to enhance skills and expertise.
* Acting as a point of contact when the Practice Manager is away from the office.
* Translating the BD activity plans into detailed budgets, managing expenditure with the service line teams and providing timely updates on progress.
The successful candidate must hold a relevant degree, 2:1 or equivalent, or a relevant qualification, CIM or equivalent. Product and industry experience is necessary and the Business Development Manager will also need proven experience in developing and implementing highly effective BD and Marketing initiatives within the professional services industry. It is essential that applicants are confident in meeting and networking with clients and intermediaries and have excellent people management skills.
Follow us on Twitter for the widest range of roles across the entire professional services sector - twitter.com/leightontaylorC