2 months ago
Category Buying Manager / Product Manager –We require a talented category manager who is keen to launch a new category for a leading Midlands Trade, Retail and Distribution business. The organisation is a very successful SME with the desire to grow.
Flexible Holiday Buy Help Scheme
25 Days Holiday
Large Company Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Coventry, Nuneaton, Rugby, Solihull, Royal Lamington Spa
JOB SPECIFICATION: Category Buying Manager / Product Manager
Reporting to the Category and Product Development Director, you will drive build and grow a new category for the UK business. The role requires a first class communicator to manage numerous stakeholders. You will be responsible but not restricted to the following tasks:-
* Responsible for the strategic & tactical plans for the entire product and category strategy.
* Devise compelling category strategies for both branded and Own Label ranges in line with the customer need.
* Manage the category process from cradle to grave. I.e. Source, Buy, Launch.
* Work with procurement teams and buying teams to seek out product deals.
* Manage internal and external relationships, including supplier base to deliver initiatives.
* Create and deliver budgets, including forecasting and re-forecasting.
* Range selections, including gap analysis, margin mix, shopper lead merchandising and customer insight.
* Identify relevant NPD and ensure the range is ahead of the market curve.
* Development with Own Brand buyer product/product ranges to drive customer loyalty and profitability.
* Run tactical/short term plans, including monthly promotional offers, POS briefs and PR campaigns.
* Monitor of pricing, stock and competitor activity.
REQUIREMENTS: Category Buying Manager / Product Manager
Experience of working in a competitive trade environment whether it be retail trade or B2B where your commercialism and approach will be rewarded with autonomy and career progression. As the Category Manager/Product Manager, you will have:
* Excellent presentation abilities - written and verbal.
* Superb influencing skills at all levels.
* In depth knowledge of brand and category development techniques.
* Proven track record in delivery of sales, profit & margin and all relevant commercial and marketing KPI’s.
* Sound knowledge of the development of new products and brands
* Commercial Marketing experience in or around the retail space.
* Experience of working in fast & changing & reactive markets.
* Proven track record in turning brand activity and insight into positive business results.
* Proven track record in 'end to end’ category, product or “brands” development (strategy, planning, implementation and review).
This is an opportunity to work with professionals who are arguably some of the best in their field and an organisation that has unrivalled growth plans for 2017/2018.
It is likely the successful candidate will have held any one of the following roles and work (not exclusively) within the following market arenas: Category Manager, Buying Manager, Category Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Category Buying Manager, Category Buyer.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Joel Barnett quoting Category Buying Manager / Product Manager reference JKB1710-21 to DD: +Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.