Category Development Manager – 6 month contract
Leading global FMCG Company
c.£48K-52K + Car Allowance + Bonus Package
Greater London/Surrey Area
Immediate starter needed now for challenging interim opportunity with a global player in the personal care market. In this key role, working with major retail customers and alongside shopper/customer marketing colleagues, you will use your strong commercial and analytical thinking skills to deliver category solutions and initiatives that drive significant category and brand growth in line with company and retailer objectives.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Developing and leading relationships with key retailer contacts, proactively selling-in your Category Management expertise to establish the business as the first point of contact for this category.
- Delivering mutually profitable growth driving strategies and tactics to major customers.
- Offering proactive and on-going advice and recommendations to retail partners using shopper and consumer insight from initial analysis and through to in-store implementation.
- Owning relevant Category Management software, keeping up to date with all new developments and championing, training, and mentoring the team to ensure maximum commercial benefit across the business.
- Identifying commercial opportunities to the customer marketing teams along with recommendations for implementation.
Key Skills Checklist
With a robust background in category management, category insights or perhaps sales, working with major consumer brands, you’ll have the ability to hit the ground running to deliver results. You’ll have a solid grasp of the UK market, with an understanding of major retail and trade channels and will be looking for a challenging interim role. In what is a dynamic and busy environment, strong commercial acumen, interpersonal and project management skills are all essential. Other requirements include:
- A good grasp of category and shopper insight data with the ability to connect the dots, identify insights and trends and to leverage this knowledge to develop recommendations for action.
- Hands-on experience working with major retailers building category partnerships and plans.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- A enthusiastic, positive approach; someone who will enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and flexible approach, able to work independently and in a team, with the drive and focus to deliver agreed solutions.
This highly successful multinational blue-chip FMCG business has a substantial portfolio of household, health care and personal care brands sold across the world. It has an exceptional track record of investing heavily in innovation and support of its brands, identifying new opportunities to inspire and built loyalty amongst its consumer base. The business has a values-led positive, embracing culture, demanding high levels of personal commitment and performance and offering exceptional opportunities for career development in the UK and beyond.
If you are excited by this challenge and available at short notice, talk to us now. Contact: Adam Tarsh now.