Category Manager / Marketing Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
We require a Category Manager to join the sales / marketing team with a leading parts supplier. The role will suit an experienced individual with a background in the automotive aftermarket. Team management essential.
Basic £40-45k + Benefits
Office Based, Commutable from: Birmingham, Coventry, Worcester, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Evesham, Banbury
Our client is a leading supplier of automotive parts and components to independent / national / multi-national distributors throughout the UK and to the Automotive Aftermarket.
A bright and enthusiastic individual with a knowledge and passion for marketing and the automotive industry would be the ideal candidate. Team management skills essential. You will also ensure you are aware of competitor activities and record and report back accordingly.
The following are key attributes:
- Excellent Presentation and PC skills.
- Manage a Marketing and Product Management team.
- The ability to work closely with all company departments, building sustainable relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Sound judgement with regards to commercial decisions.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Good negotiation abilities.
- Automotive Aftermarket experience preferable.
- To lead a team developing product ranges to the company’s accepted margin, product brands and strategies.
- Work closely with other departments covering part number creation, brand selection, market pricing taking into account profit margin requirements, cross referencing, catalogue linking, assisting with identification of components and dealing with queries.
- Manage maximising the gross margin by working in conjunction with all departments to resolve any pricing issues and improve the company’s overall purchasing terms whilst maintaining the quality brand / product level to meet the company’s strategy.
- Manage the team to handle enquiries from purchasing and sales departments to any product related issues including pricing, warranty, technical issues, identification, cross references etc.
- Assist with the stock management and stock cleanse activity in conjunction with the purchasing department to meet the company’s requirements.
- Good marketing and inventory management knowledge.
The Way Forward
Should you wish to be considered for the Category Manager role, please apply via forwarding your CV in the first instance to Kayleigh Bradley, Glen Callum Associates Ltd.
Job Ref 2616
Glen Callum Associates Ltd are leaders in providing recruitment solutions to the automotive, industrial and allied markets covering placements within senior management, sales, marketing and operational disciplines.