Category Manager Superstar – Major FMCG Growth Brand
c.£50K-£60K + Benefits Package
Exceptional role for a supersmart and highly ambitious player looking for a truly challenging and high visibility role. In this key role within one of the business units of a global FMCG powerhouse, your remit is to create and implement the category vision for a major strategic entry into the fast-paced and competitive snacking sector. And we’re not talking about small numbers here. My client has a $2bn global brand to embed in the UK market with the resources to ensure this is a successful launch.
That’s where you fit in. We’re looking for someone who will own the ca tegory agenda for this brand, working alongside the NAMs and brand team to build effective retail strategies and activations that support a multi-site presence in store and will be compelling to shoppers. We’re looking for someone who can think outside the box to unlock growth opportunities in-store and on-line for their category; someone who will relentlessly pursue distribution, availability and visibility gaps working closely with major customers. If you don’t want to get your hands dirty with real autonomy and responsibility, this is not for you!
Alongside the above, other responsibilities will include:
- Supporting innovation strategy and development, bringing new lines into the market.
- Creating sell in support materials to engage the commercial team and customers.
- Working with the wider category teams and customers on key category projects such as range reviews and strategic planning.
- Defining ambitious ranging and distribution objectives and leading the future thinking on category growth.
- Using data to identify insights and recommendations for customers to influence range and space through category and range reviews and promotional initiatives.
Our client is a massive player in the global food market, powered by talented people with unwavering commitment to leading brands and exceptional product quality in every category in which it competes. The company is hugely ambitious: as it says - To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
- Working in a category management, customer/shopper marketing role or perhaps sales role
- Exceptional track record with a minimum 3 years’ rapid career advancement working in a leading FMCG business.
- Proven experience in creating and deploying category strategy and vision programmes.
- Proven track record taking on entrepreneurial challenges, using problem solving skills to simplify the complex.
- Excellent communications skills, including up-front platform skills.
- Experience in snacking, drinks or food on the go is preferred but not essential.
- Strong project management skillset; ability to demonstrate strong influencing and stakeholder development skills.
- A solid grasp of Nielsen/IRI/Dunnhumby/I2C and Space Planning software. A keen eye for detail and design will also be an advantage.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment. We have significant experience in marketing recruitment working with brand management, marketing communications, category/customer marketing and insight & research specialists.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you, but think you know someone who might be suitable, do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend-a-friend scheme and you could receive £200 in John Lewis vouchers should you recommended someone who is offered and accepts the role.