Category Marketing Executive
Blue Chip FMCG
Interim – 12 months
£35,000 plus bonus
Lots of opportunities for Category Executives within food and personal care categories with this global FMCG giant. The role will be for an interim period of 12 months in the first instance, but with scope to extend or become permanent.
Playing a central role in in the business, the category management team creates and delivers strategies and insights, working with retailers to bring these ideas to life and shelf. Be part of this exciting team and make a real difference to your category!
The primary purpose of this role is to analyse and assess data sources and turn them into meaningful insights for the brands and the retailers. The Category Executives work very closely with the Merchandising Executives to deliver this insight to the retailer and use it to make range and merchandising recommendations, promotional suggestions and strategy ideas to drive growth for the total category.
1. Build great relationships with buyers, merchandising and category planners within retailers
2. Take the category strategies to the retailers, utilizing tailored joint category plans to bring strategy to life on a daily basis
3. Be the first port of call for buyers, account manager and brand managers on category performance, opportunities and risks
4. Provide category range, space and distribution advice for retailers at range review alongside merchandising recommendations
5. Build planograms supporting the Range and Merchandising changes
6. Monitor the implementation and success of the review on in store
Deliver continuous insight through performance monitoring
1. Regular performance updates, internally and externally, extracting insights from sources and using them to bring continual opportunities for growth to the customer and your category
2. Provide analytical support for the Category Manager to develop the trade category plans
3. Evaluate promotional and competitor activity in the market and share learnings
Be the voice of the Shopper & Customer internally with Sales and Marketing
1. Bring the shopper and customer view to the table to the brand team aiding in the delivery of innovation launches, promotional plans and JBP building.
1. Data analysis and insight generation
2. Relationship building
3. FMCG market knowledge
4. Range and Merchandising experience would be ideal
5. Category management experience, including experience of using data insight tools, e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, etc.
6. Good analytical and organisational skills
7. Independent and flexible attitude
One of the world's leading FMCG companies, our client has a huge presence in the global foods and other major FMCG categories. It creates, markets and distributes products across the world with tens of millions of people buying their products every single day. With a reputation for marketing excellence, product innovation and exceptional career and personal development, this is one company which will accelerate your marketing career and offer opportunities to grow your skills and make a major impact on the business.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please e-mail now.
If you don’t feel this role is quite right for you but think you know someone who might be suitable do please pass this advert on. We do offer a recommend a friend scheme and you could receive £200 of John Lewis vouchers should your recommended friend be offered and accept the role.