Category Strategy Manager – Leading FMCG Company
c.£55-60K + Car Allowance + Bonus Package
Challenging and exciting opportunity to take your strong commercial and strategic thinking skills to this leading global player in the personal care market. In this key role, working alongside a team of category managers and with key retail partners, your focus will be on driving category performance – identifying key market, consumer and shopper issues and insights, shaping clear category visions and plans and developing shopper-centric category solutions. A leading player within its categories, our client seeks a strategic thinker who will act as an impartial ‘thought leader’ to key customers, providing actionable insights and developing commercial solutions that meet retailer & brand objectives. You will champion category and shopper insights around the business, ensuring relevant teams understand how they can be harnessed by the category teams to strengthen customer engagement.
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Developing compelling category visions, strategies and drivers, actively engaging key retailers in order to jointly deliver sustainable category growth.
- Developing and executing an on-going customer engagement plan ensuring alignment of Retailer, Category and Brand priorities.
- Owning the creation of an annual learning plan, working with the local insights team, in order to understand & plug category & shopper knowledge gaps.
- Working cross functionally to develop and externalise category trade stories for the company’s key brands to unlock category growth.
With a robust FMCG background gained on the client-side, agency-side or both, you’ll be looking for your next challenge. In what is a dynamic and fast-paced business culture, we’re looking for someone who is keen to drive category performance with key retailers, using his or her intellect, drive and influencing skills to make things happen.
Key skills include:
- Analytical thinking, teamwork and collaborative skills.
- Ability to use a range of data sources to connect the dots, identify insights and trends and to leverage this knowledge to develop strategic recommendations for action.
- The ability to identify strategic issues and opportunities and translate these into clear strategies, plans and tactics which deliver against customer & brand expectations.
- A confident individual who is able to lead, mentor and train category managers.
- Proactive and flexible approach, able to work independently and in a team, with the drive and focus to deliver agreed solutions.
- Commercial acumen to articulate the case for strategic change, secure agreement and implementation.
This highly successful multinational blue-chip FMCG business has a substantial portfolio of household, health care and personal care brands sold across the world. It has an exceptional track record of investing heavily in innovation and support of its brands, identifying new opportunities to inspire and built loyalty amongst its consumer base. The business has a values-led positive, embracing culture, demanding high levels of personal commitment and performance and offering exceptional opportunities for career development in the UK and beyond.
If you are excited by this challenge, talk to us now. This is one of those rare opportunities to bring your analytical skills, experience and energies to a uniquely exciting and challenging role, in which you will be able to make a significant and lasting impact on the business. Contact Adam Tarsh now.