5 months ago
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef de Partie, or a Junior Sous Chef to join a young growing local independent pub company.
We currently operate two pubs in North Bristol. One is well established and has been running for five years, the other is brand newly opened in January 2017 and rapidly building a fantastic reputation for great food, service and atmosphere. The successful candidate will be based at one of the pubs, but also be able to move between the two and support the Head chef across both sites as required.
We require chefs with a passion for fresh food, an ability to work efficiently under pressure, and most of all a team player to fit in with our friendly team. You must also understand catering for the whole family and will place the same importance of good quality kids meals as well as the adults to ensure our customers come back time and time again.
Both sites serve food daily with a core menu, alongside weekly changing specials, and we also cater for a variety of functions incorporating buffets, set menus, and BBQ parties. Both sites seat up to 125 people indoors, and an extra 130 in each garden, so as well as high quality, you must also be able to turn out high volumes.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a passion for fresh food, and enjoy the pressures of a busy kitchen
- Understand the number one concern is to please the customers
- Be able to assist in managing a kitchen as well as cook great menus
- Have very high hygiene standards, and a full understanding of kitchen hygiene legislation
- Enjoy creating new dishes including full costing and dish specifications
- Motivate your juniors, and create a happy environment in the kitchen
- Be an excellent communicator
Salary is £19,000-£24,000 per annum, dependant on experience. The successful candidate will receive 5 weeks paid holiday a year and a genuine opportunity for future progress.
If you would like to get involved with a young company with a big future, please apply today with your cv and a covering letter.