This role is responsible for improving the quality and depth of the data held in the firm's CRM system for business development purposes along with delivering CRM reporting and assistance with project work. It includes managing the firm's data change management inbox, responding to user enquiries regarding data changes, importing and exporting lists, running searches, ensuring compliance to the firm's data protection marketing principles and researching client/ prospect information to ensure the CRM system contains current and accurate information, producing and developing reports, project data, admin and overall project support. The role is part of a virtual data quality team across the global, supporting the firm's data quality strategy. The BD department supports the firm's international growth ambition and its clients and markets. Kennedys events and client data is an integral part of its business development strategy.
1. Management of client data.
2. Assist with the management of the DCM (Data Change Management) inbox by acting as a quality control check for client data updates. Process data changes and ensure system updates are complete, of a high standard and segmented. Where necessary, verify changes.
3. Work closely with the business to address data quality issues, including review of undeliverable e-mails and marketing lists.
4. Follow and implement current data admin tasks and procedures and make updates to improve them where possible.
5. Responsible for active data and system configuration tasks such as running searches for incomplete contact data and updating and amending this data as required, identifying lists, fields and contacts for archiving.
6. Proactively research and update incomplete company and client data including contact information, contact types etc.
7. Working with other members of the BD team to undertake external research (internet and social media) to track correct company and people information updates for the CRM database. Follow up on data bounce-backs.
8. Import and/or input miscellaneous data into InterAction as needed including new contacts and company profiling.
9. Assisting with regular data verification exercises and cleaning exercises.
10. Provide ad-hoc training and support, including desk side training, to lawyers, secretaries and new members of the business development team.
11. Assisting with the running, planning and preparation of InterAction presentations, workshops and training sessions.
12. Supporting the Client Development Systems Manager and marketing colleagues to maintain the firm's e-marketing system Vuture.
13. This role maybe called upon to support (as required) to build campaigns and send them out.
14. Act as quality control in approving campaigns.
15. Produce reports from the Vuture dashboard.
16. Assisting in maintaining and updating the emarketing templates.
Reporting, IT and project support
17. Generate regular and ad-hoc reports from InterAction providing information on the firm's key clients.
18. Support the development and delivery of reporting required by the business to underpin business development efforts or the firm's strategic needs.
19. Provide project support including but not limited to, meeting preparation, taking minutes, maintaining project plans and project documentation, other project admin, data tasks, supporting data migrations from laterals and new teams or offices, liaising with suppliers and other Kennedy's staff.
20. Attending change control meeting in the absence of Client development systems manager.
21. Providing project or change representations for the BD team.
22. Providing support for IT testing for upgrades, patches or IT changes in the absence of Client development systems manager.
* Client Development System team, Events, Marketing, Digital and Client Development Advisors or Managers, Clients and Markets advisors and Managers.
* IT applications team.
* All other members of Business Development including international colleagues.
* Partners, trainees and secretaries.
* Other business services departments.
* To work within the Firm's agreed conflict policy.
* To operate the Firm's quality procedures as specified in the current edition of the Service Standards.
* To be subject to varying degrees of supervision on a day-to-day basis liaising with the departmental Head and Partners on a regular basis. To work on own initiative. All current lines of responsibility and supervision are contained in the departmental working instructions.
* To undertake any other duties that from time to time may be allocated.
* To operate safely in the workplace.
* To create and maintain professional and positive relationships
* To maintain trust and confidentiality at all times.
* To respond to customers'/clients' specific requests for information on services.
* To undertake any specific training courses as identified by the Director of BD or client development systems manager.
THE PERSON - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Exceptional attention to detail and tenacious attitude towards ensuring data accuracy.
* Highly organised and methodical.
* Highly professional, in presentation and manner, at all times.
* Calm under pressure.
* Comfortable operating to tight deadlines.
* Database experience.
* IT skills, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Proven ability to take initiative and responsibility for completeness of work.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with change.
* Enthusiastic and optimistic attitude; commitment to profitable growth by Kennedys.
* Adhere to Kennedys' core values through working relationships, attitude and behaviour.
* Professional services experience is an advantage.
* Good understanding of the various pressures lawyers work under.
* Experience of e-marketing and CRM systems - ideally InterAction and Vuture Vx.
* Knowledge of Data Protection, GDPR and "anti-spamming" regulations and laws would be a major advantage.