Do you think it is a national disgrace that in England and Wales, two women a week are killed by their partner or ex-partner? Or that one woman in every four will experience domestic violence at some point during her life?
Our client is the country’s largest provider of specialist services for victims of all forms of gender-based violence. Every day they support over 5,500 women and children in their national network of services. They advise Government and lobby to keep violence against women and girls high on the public agenda. At a national level they run award-winning prevention and public education campaigns, manage a busy press office and work hard to build their fast growing digital channels. At a local level they respond and provide communications tools to the charities wide base of violence against women services.
They are committed to a world where domestic and other gender violence is not tolerated and where women and children can live in safety. They aim to empower women and children to rebuild their lives, free from violence and fear.
Position: Communications Executive
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £25,883 - £31,059 (Band 1)
Benefits: include 28 days holiday, pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and a childcare voucher scheme.
About the role:
Do you want to work for an organisation that provides a voice for abused women, and plays a vital role in ensuring that life-saving services are in place to support them? If so, then the communications executive role may be the perfect for you.
Their communications team works hard to reach out to women experiencing all forms of gender based violence, whilst working to educate the general public, raising awareness of domestic violence and support their broader organisational activities. This is a chance to join a small but high achieving team and make a real impact to the lives of women and children who experience domestic violence.
- The role is very varied and no one day is ever the same as the next.
- Managing a busy press office, profiling the charitie's work through proactive media relations, speaking to women who have experienced abuse, supporting and growing their digital channels, whilst responding to the communications requests which come through from the different frontline service teams who work across the Charity are just some of the key areas of activity undertaken by this role.
- They work in an exciting and fast paced environment.
- The successful applicant will proactively work with the team to respond to the daily political and news agendas.
- You will speak to women who have experienced abuse frequently and will work with a wide variety of media to broaden the charitie's editorial exposure nationally and regionally.
- You will also spearhead their online, social and digital communications and grow their online communities of engaged supporters.
- The successful applicant will have experience of working within communications and of implementing social media and cause related campaigns.
- You will have developed exceptional copy writing skills across a variety of media, be a strong communicator who can tailor messages to different audiences and have the ability to manage many competing priorities.
If you would like to work with our client to save and transform the lives of women and children who experience domestic violence, and would like to be part of a growing communications team, then please do apply for this role.
All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the feminist values of empowerment and equality, which underpin all of their work.
Our client is proud to be a leader in its field and an employer of choice.
You may have experience of the following: Marketing Executive, Marcoms, Corporate Communications, Marketing Graduate, Advertising, Media, Marketing Assistant, CIM Qualified, Marketing Communications Executive, Marketing Exec, Social Media, Digital Marketing, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.