Consumer Insight Executive – Major FTSE company
£30K-£35K + Benefits Package
Fab opportunity to take your insight & research skills onto the client-side with this super role in the insight & strategy team of this powerhouse consumer business that is growing rapidly in the UK and international markets with a major on-line and high street retail presence. The company’s brands are seen as some of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe and the US and Australia too, spending hundreds of millions on advertising & marketing every year; a business that has been a pioneer in its sector and engages with millions of consumers every day.
Reporting into a senior insight manager alongside other execs, you will be responsible for delivering quality insight to the retail business of over 600 stores, and the on-line team which looks after a very substantial on-line/mobile business. This will include continuous tracking and ad-hoc projects (quant & qual) to look at consumer behaviour & attitudes, product propositions, in-store experience and other issues, bringing together data from different sources to provide a comprehensive view of the customer. As the ‘voice of the punter’, you will provide data based recommendations to help optimise the proposition and success of the company’s marketing initiatives.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensure the customer is top of mind for the business by continuously delivering insight in a disruptive and engaging way.
- Work in collaboration with other Strategy & Insight teams to deliver rigorous analysis that evaluates the strategic opportunities available within the marketplace.
- Deliver ongoing tracking projects to inform the business about performance vs key competitors.
- Help develop and refine retail and product propositions and respond to ad-hoc business questions from marketing and retail teams.
- Build close relationships with agency partners to manage qual and quant projects effectively.
- Highly numerical / analytical graduate ideally with a 2.1 from a top university
- Ideally at least 12-18 months insight experience either gained client side or in a research agency or consultancy
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to distil large amounts of data into actionable recommendations
- Strong empathy and passion for the retail customer and on-line consumer
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ideally some experience of data analysis software packages such as SPSS or has experience of manipulating data in Excel
A naturally inquisitive mind-set and an urge to look for hidden patterns, to understand consumer behaviour, and to use data to test theories.
Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, demanding environment.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment and have significant marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Adam Tarsh now.