A hugely successful online brand, whose picturesque headquarters are based near Didcot, is currently recruiting for a new Head of Content. The ideal candidate will have previous editorial experience in publishing and a thorough knowledge of the content creation process.The company.
This brand has a global community which trust its publications as a vital resource for information.The role.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage your own editorial department. You could have worked either as a Head of Content or an Editorial Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping the content strategy and will have a proven track record of managing projects effectively. You must be digitally literate meaning you understand the foundations of SEO, content marketing and digital advertising. The successful candidate will have experience of growing websites with a commercial focus and a strong understanding of the principles of digital business development through the generation of great content and building communities. You will also be an editorial all-rounder with an in depth knowledge of the online publishing process from start to finish. The ideal Head of Content or Editorial Director will need to be analytical, using data and key metrics to guide strategy. This is a hands-on editorial content role working at the coalface rather than a management position that sits above, overseeing and co-ordinating content.
The experience we need.
What you’ll get in return.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in content production/publishing, preferably for a digital publisher
- Some experience as an Editorial Director is desired
- Competent in a digital environment which will include SEO, social media, content marketing and community management
- Experience of growing websites with a focus on how engaging content and community building is linked to revenue generation
- Experience building and managing content and publishing teams
- Budget management capabilities
- Experience living and working abroad is advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary between £45k and £60k dependent on experience plus free access to several local facilities.How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Andy at Henry Nicholas a call.