5 months ago
• Content Designers, based in Bristol or Swindon
• Salary will be £34,690 - £50,497 (depending on experience) with a competitive package
• Permanent role working 35-hour week
• Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
What started with Charles Cooper’s quiet revolution of 1884 – to help ordinary people buy their own homes – has grown into the Nationwide Building Society of today.
We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry, and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do. To support them digitally, we have a clear strategy backed by a significant commitment to transform our technology and the products and services we provide.
To help us deliver exceptional content-led experiences, we’re looking for a Content Designer.
We’ve opened an Experience Design Studio in Bristol – a key building block of our digital ambition. Designed to support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we’re building one of the best in-house spaces in the southwest. Its sole purpose is to better understand people’s needs, so we can design industry-leading experiences for our customers, members and colleagues.
Who we're looking for
We need a Content Designer who’ll focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. We need someone who understands the importance of research, data and evidence. And, ideally, has experience collaborating with visual and experience designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to create effective member experiences.
Join us and you’ll support our Content Design Manager in shaping content’s role across a wide range of digital projects. You’ll know this means getting the right content in the right place at the right time. You’ll also know how and when to champion the needs of the customer – in ways that keep everyone on the same page.
As a minimum you’ll need:
• Demonstrable experience designing content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environments
• A solid record of delivering excellent writing, demonstrated through your portfolio
• Good commercial awareness, strategic thinking and an ability to deliver customer-focused content
• Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams, as well as on your own
• Strong influencing skills
Ideally you'll have
• Experience in Banking or Financial Services
What you'll be doing
Research, data, insight, writing, testing. You’ll do it all. Our stakeholders and your Studio colleagues will look to you to bring outstanding digital writing to the fore. You’ll champion best practice at every stage of a project. You’ll defend what’s right, not what’s easy. You’ll assist and encourage other project stakeholders to follow our content processes. And above all, you’ll put our members first.