Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
As our Content Executive you will be responsible for supporting the Content Manager in the creation and execution of our marketing activities in a quality and timely way. It's a varied role (we like it that way), with activities including, but not exclusively involving:
· The creation and management of original and engaging content that can be shared through the most appropriate channels, predominantly email.
· Analyse and share the engagement of key brand content.
· Be a custodian of and safeguard the Lookers Marketing Asset Bank.
· Support and add to the Lookers Marketing Content Calendar.
· Supporting colleagues to ensure all campaigns and projects (email, website, social media, TV, radio, events, sponsorships, partnerships etc.) meet their objectives, on time and on budget.
· Develop and nurture positive business relationships, both internally and externally.
· Develop insight into target consumer groups. Your insights will be vitally important.
· Provide local marketing support for Brand Marketing Managers, working to agreed commercial objectives.
· Administrative support, including production of campaign reports and insights. You'll be able to prove what worked and what could be done better.
· Seek out new marketing opportunities and trends through research and industry knowledge. We're an approachable team and are always open to new ideas.
· Ensure all marketing communications adhere to Manufacturer Brand Guidelines and act as a Brand Guardian within the wider Lookers network. They're easy brands to love, so you'll want to protect them.
· Work very closely with the wider marketing team and secure support from designers, copywriters, a media buyer, and the digital team as required. They're a friendly, talented bunch, so you'll be in good hands.
· Proven experience and interest in Marketing, email marketing and social media.
· Passionate about content and have a strong creative flair.
· Experience in retail, FMCG, the automotive industry, or a similar fast-paced industry. No two days are the same….and we love it!
· A high level of IT literacy including Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint at a minimum).
· Experience with HTML, Photoshop, InDesign and CMS platforms.
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail. There are some definite perfectionists amongst the team!
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Self-motivated and proactive. We like a positive 'can-do' attitude here.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build good relationships at all levels.
· Good communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure, manage several projects simultaneously, with effective management of own time.
· Flexibility to travel as required, including occasional overnight stays.
· Full UK Driving licence and own transport are preferable.
· Familiarity of SEO, PPC and other online marketing disciplines including Communicator email software.
· It is also desirable, but not essential to have a marketing degree or formal marketing qualification such as IDM or CIM.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.