about 1 year ago
Birmingham's only publishing house is looking to recruit a Content Marketing Editor.
The Content Marketing Editor will be a key driver of growth in direct revenue, creating compelling content and copy to increase customer engagement across multiple channels and ultimately conversion on their website. The role will be responsible for optimising product page conversion and the performance of their outbound emails, and will also support the Content Marketing team with creative campaign copy and engaging blog content.
Areas of ownership
The Content Marketing Editor will contribute towards an iterative strategy to identify and maintain best practices for conversion. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Increase open rates and clicks on outbound email with engaging copy.
- Assist with copy on tactical direct marketing campaigns.
- Check and optimise all product page copy to increase book page conversion and organic traffic.
- Create engaging social copy to increase their reach.
- Create original blog content that drives engagement and conversion.
- Optimise all content for SEO.
- Work with Category Managers and the product management teams to develop marketing messaging for key titles.
- Help out their new B2B function with copy where necessary.
You will be a highly creative individual with outstanding copywriting skills and the ability to create good quality content across a range of platforms to engage different audiences as appropriate. You will take an analytical approach to the performance of your copy and focus on results. You will have strong research skills and be able to understand a technology in great enough depth to write compelling and relevant content about it.
- Craft well written copy that is creative, engaging, and technically accurate
- Research and create insight-driven blog content on emerging topics
- Create content suitable for a range of channels and platforms
- Analyse data on engagement and conversion to optimise written content for a range of different purposes and audiences
- Managing and prioritising a diverse and high volume of work to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence interacting at all levels
- Confidence to experiment and quickly adapt plans based on success and failure
- An interest in software development and the latest tech
- 25 days holiday
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution
- Casual Dress code
- Flexible Working Hours
- Friday Beer Fridge
- Social Events
- Salary Sacrifice