7 days ago
Credit Analyst – London
Credit Analyst – London
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have a great opportunity for a Credit Risk Analyst to join our Corporate Credit Risk team in Triton Square.
The role holder will be responsible for self-management of workflows, as well as interacting and communicating with the front office, senior management and HO. The Credit Risk Analyst will need to ensure that transactions and limits are established, with a high level of quality, during the analysis process and that approval deadlines, which are often very tight, are met.
The Corporate Credit Risk team within the Wholesale Credit Risk Department is primarily involved with the analysis and credit rating of multinational and UK corporate clients within the perimeter of Santander Global Corporate Banking (SGCB) in the UK.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Credit Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Undertaking internal rating assessments, using the Santander Group proprietary internal rating tools.
* Conducting a comprehensive assessment of new lending proposals, annual reviews and waiver requests; ensuring that all risks are identified and make a judgement as to their acceptability in a timely fashion, followed by a suitable recommendation to the appropriate approval authority.
* Providing technical expertise to team members whilst ensuring alignment to the Group risk policies.
* Providing independent and robust recommendations to the Senior Management/Committees about potential transactions and when applicable, attend to the relevant committees both in the UK and Madrid.
* Operating with Senior Management levels across the business and participating in decision making, committees and supporting the Manager.
* Ensuring that changes to regulatory landscapes are incorporated into activities.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Extensive experience in a relevant role i.e. credit department of a corporate bank or similar credit role.
* Good working knowledge of loan and treasury products, including familiarity with covenant (setting and monitoring), security, documentation (ISDAs) and facility structuring.
* A demonstrable track record in large corporates risk analysis, including modelling balance sheet, P&L and cash flow trends/forecasts.
* High degree of computer literacy, paired with the ability to interpret complex business models and run appropriate sensitivities.
* Clear and articulate communication of credit decisions with an ability to justify such, if challenged, with sound reasoning.
* A track record of consistently looking for ways to do things better, alongside an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
* Proven and effective negotiation and influencing skills.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private Medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.