Customer Insight Manager – Major FTSE Company
c.£50K-£55K + Bonus + Benefits Package
Fab opportunity to take your insight & research skills onto the client-side with this super role in the insight & strategy team of this powerhouse consumer business that is growing rapidly in the UK and international markets with a major on-line and high street retail presence. The company’s brands are seen as some of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe and the US and Australia too, spending hundreds of millions on advertising & marketing every year; a business that has been a pioneer in its sector and engages with millions of consumers every day.
Reporting into the Head of Insight, you will be responsible for delivering clear, actionable insight to the entire company - on-line and retail stores - via continuous tracking and ad-hoc research projects. Working closely with colleagues in the Data, Insight and Strategy teams, you will combine data from multiple sources to develop a comprehensive view of the on-line customer in the UK and other markets. We’re looking for someone who as the ‘voice of the punter’, will provide clear recommendations based on data, to help optimise the brand proposition, on-line customer offer and other brand and marketing issues.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensure the customer is top of mind for the business and that key stakeholders have a solid understanding of the customer by continuously delivering insight in a disruptive and engaging way.
- Leading the delivery of ongoing tracking projects to understand company performance vs. competition in the broader market place (such as U&As across multiple markets) and amongst the existing customer base across the customer lifecycle.
- Utilise existing data sources or, where appropriate, commission 3rd party agencies to help design and deliver primary research to aid the development and refinement of the on-line and retail propositions.
- Answering ad hoc business questions using existing data sources or, where appropriate, commission 3rd party agencies to help design and deliver primary research.
- Working with other Insight / analytic functions across the business to extract additional relevant data to overlay with customer survey data to enrich the insights delivered.
Key Skills Checklist
- Highly numerical / analytical graduate ideally with a 2.1 from a top university
- At least 5 years solid insight experience gained client side or in a research agency or consultancy spanning continuous and ad-hoc qual & quant techniques
- Excellent analytical skills with commercial and real attention to detail
- Proven ability to distil large amounts of data into clear, actionable business recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong people management and coaching skills
- A passion for insight and understanding customer behaviour and attitudes
- Ideally some experience of data analysis software packages such as SPSS. Experience of extracting and manipulating data from a data warehouse through SQL would be an advantage
- The desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, demanding environment with a willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis
If you are up to this challenge, talk to us now. This is one of those rare opportunities to bring your skills, experience and energies to a uniquely exciting and challenging operating culture in which you will be able to make a lasting impact on a business that celebrates success. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Adam Tarsh ASAP.