Customer Projects Executive – FMCG e-commerce
c.£40K + bonus + bonus – 12 month contract
Surrey (with 2 days per week in Leeds)
Exciting opportunity to bring your strong analytical, commercial and project management skills to this interesting role with a global FMCG business, working with key grocery customers on their e-commerce sites. In what is becoming a key role for the business, you will use your skills to understand how consumers are shopping e-commerce sites and how to drive performance in this area. In simple terms, your aim is to ensure that when people shop on retailer sites for products marketed by our client, they are drawn to our client’s products first! [Initially a 12 month contract role but with potential to become permanent]
Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Using data to understand retailer/supplier/category performance within different product categories and the trends driving this, using this data to identify insights for the business and key retailers.
- Generating specific -commerce shopper insights with a focus on better understanding on-line shopper behaviour, motivations/barriers to purchase and conversion behaviour on the digital shelf.
- Acting as the ‘Master of Search’ for the business and key e-commerce customers, looking for ways to optimise the search experience in each category and thereby drive search conversion against key search terms.
- Assisting the brand team and major retailers in optimising e-commerce media spend with a focus on improving reporting and ROI calculations.
- Instigate new ‘Test & Learn’ opportunities with key e-commerce customers, with a focus on driving category penetration, frequency of purchase and basket spend.
- Raise the profile of e-commerce in customers where this role is deployed and use this to engage, educate and inspire the commercial/category teams.
- Present the company as the strategic partner of choice for e-commerce within each retailer, sharing insights, and develop collaborative programme.
Skills and ability are more important than specific background for this role but you will almost certainly have worked in the FMCG arena in either a marketing, commercial or insight role or maybe in a digital agency working with e-commerce clients. This is a role where you will need to use combine analytical thinking skills with creativity, spotting possible issues and making recommendations on how the company can build a stronger e-commerce presence on customer sites.
With real commercial acumen and a good grasp of the grocery and e-commerce/on-line environment, you’ll be looking for new challenge. Specific skills and experience should also include:
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and other business information and make clear recommendations. You may well have a grasp of retail, market or consumer panel data.
- Strong influencing and communications skills.
- A good understanding of retailer, shopper and customer/consumer issues.
- A willingness to spend 2 days/week in Leeds.
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment and have significant marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Adam Tarsh now.