4 months ago
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The vision for Chrome is to move the web platform forward. In this role, you will be working closely with members of the Chrome Product and Engineering teams to increase usage of modern web technologies. You’ll use your past experience to optimize our efforts at the top of the funnel across a range of marketing communications channels; improving and optimizing the website, developing case studies, and working on creative campaign creation and events.
Opening date for applications: 27th February 2018
Closing date for applications: 28th March 2018
Competitive salary applies.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Act as a strategic partner to the Product and Developer Relations teams, and establish deeper developer insights and needs through gathering market intelligence and research.
* Use brand and creative judgment to establish brand guidelines for the product. Leverage media and audience expertise to influence strategic and creative conversations around acquisition and awareness.
* Lead mobile web strategy and execution for all Google I/O surfaces that event attendees will interact with.
* Conceptualize creative solutions and deliver integrated marketing campaigns and programs in order to drive developer acquisition and engagement.
* Collaborate closely with Developer Relations to amplify and strengthen outreach programs and activities.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in product marketing, marketing program management or consulting.
* Experience as an active participant in technical/developer communities, open source projects, or similar developer groups.
* Experience working in a business-to-business environment, marketing technical products.
* Demonstrated expertise as a creative technologist, with the ability to effectively communicate with engineers and to brainstorm ideas with agencies.
* Demonstrated record in developing effective business and competitive positioning and messaging for technical products.
* Motivated individual, with the ability to lead large, global projects and campaigns.
* Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to bring together cross-functional and international teams in a coordinated launch.