Job Title: Digital Content Executive
Location: London (EC1)
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000 (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 09.00 to 18.00 with 60 min lunch or to the needs of the business
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
As Digital Content Executive you will be joining a growing team that is working to develop our Client's communication platform, detailing their political agenda and their industry activities, not only in the UK and through Westminster, but across the devolved legislatures and the Republic of Ireland. You will gain experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment, with the focus on helping develop their social media presence.
Their members are affected by a variety of issues, offering the chance to learn and involve yourself in many different policy and campaigning areas. You will work alongside the Communications Manager, Public Affairs Manager and Website Co-ordinator, reporting to the Head of Public Affairs & Communications.
- Responsible for sourcing, writing, editing, uploading and optimising content
- Manage Social Media channels and drive maximum engagement from followers across Twitter, Facebook & other Social Media platforms
- Writing Blog content and articles on issues that affect their members and aim to promote and reach new potential members
- Launching digital campaigns and work on new functionality with their existing team
- Report on live events
- Providing support and cover for the Website Co-ordinator
- Creating, developing and managing all Social Media Platforms on behalf of our Client on issues that affect their members and industry.
- Working with team members to support the organisation's campaigns on a range of issues
- Managing requests from other teams for email communications to members
- Creating email messages on their CallPro system, managing the lists of recipients and monitoring the sending of the emails
- Creating timely, focused content for and the all Social Media Platforms and the Company website revising / updating existing content as required
- Other such tasks within the team that may from time to time be required.
- Attendance and support will occasionally be required at events which may require an overnight stay
- Holiday cover for other team members within the department when required
- Develop and deliver social media & content strategy including unique visitors, Improving user experience, growing leadership and social media following.
- Familiarity with the various social media platforms
- Experience of the Wordpress platform
- Knowledge of CallPro would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of digital marketing and support functions including google analytics, SEO, tracking cookies, photoshop and design knowledge
- Experience using Hootsuite
- Track record of experience for writing editing, blogging and social media Marketing
- Understanding of website management (specific training will be provided)
- Database management skills, particularly an extensive knowledge on excel, word and powerpoint.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately both verbally and in writing, internally and externally
- Meticulous and methodical approach to work
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be able to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable as required by the business
- The ability to work on your own initiative if required
- Tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information
- Knowledge of national political scene
- Self-motivated and able to work as a team
- Able to fact check as you work
Key Performance Indicators:
- An understanding of current affairs and politics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An organised work style with the ability to prioritise and manage several pieces of work at any time
- The ability to work under pressure and to agreed timelines
- A mature, confident manner with the ability to build strong working relationships and to interact effectively with colleagues, Members and external stakeholders
- A willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing work demands
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Digital Content Executive, Technical Google Analytics Specialist, Digital Web Analyst, Analyst, Web Analyst, Digital Analyst, Digital Marketing Analyst, Digital Marketing, Marketing, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Assistant, SEO Specialist, Search Engine Optimisation, Web Developer, Web Development, Business Analyst, PPC, Digital Content and Optimisation Consultant, Digital Marketing Consultant, Digital Content Specialist, Website Optimisation, Digital Marketing Specialist, Web Optimisation Specialist, Public Affairs Executive, Social Media Specialist may also be considered for this role.