8 days ago
About the Brand Topshop/Topman
Our global vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world-class standards. A fashion insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Editorial Assistant on our Editorial team to join our innovative TOPSHOP/TOPMAN Digital team.
A role at TOPSHOP promises a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people, and becoming part of this inspiring team will be a really fantastic opportunity for the right person!
As the Digital Editorial Assistant at TOPSHOP.com you will be a part of the online content team and report into the Senior Digital Editor. This role requires you to work closely with different functions across the business and is a brilliant opportunity for a hard-working, enthusiastic individual who has a passion for fashion editorial.
Key responsibilities include supporting the editorial team by providing up to the minute research from a range of sources and presenting these back to the team. You will assist the team with their stories, shoots and projects, generating content ideas and supporting the social media team. This position requires strong editorial skills and instincts gleaned from a university degree or post-grad and relevant work experience, and a personal interest in fashion, culture and all things new and now. It is a role that is part administration, part editorial and would be an amazing opportunity for an aspiring fashion writer or journalist.
* Conduct research on editorial content ideas for Topshop.com and all of its digital platforms
* Report into and work closely with the Digital Editor and team to ensure that Topshop are inspiring and leading the market
* Support the editorial team with ad-hoc duties - from administration to research assignments and shoot prep
* Work closely with the CRM team to write weekly email copy
* Contribute ideas and write stories for the Topshop blog
* Process invoices and raise purchase orders
Skills / experience required
* Strong editorial and organisational skills
* Excellent eye for fashion and a strong knowledge of the marketplace both in store and online
* Foresight into forthcoming fashion and youth trends both in the UK & US markets and a passion for all things cultural
* Passionate and knowledgeable about pop culture, fashion and social media, and be savvy with social media channels and interested in researching and working on the launch of new channels for the brand
* Confident to work with people across all levels of the business and liaise with external contacts and PRs to secure interviews, acquire quotes, images etc.
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging environment
* A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
* Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
* Highly organised, self-motivated with lots of initiative and innovative, original ideas