about 1 year ago
This leading specialist in the design and manufacture of Mechanical Seals and Support Systems is looking for a Direct Marketing Executive / Telemarketer.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the job holder will be responsible for supporting the team with the delivery of direct marketing campaigns. The role will involve helping research potential target customers, verifying their location, following up via telephone and email and developing these contracts into 'Sales' ready leads.
- Researching Potential Target Customers
o Under the direction of the Marketing Manager and using widely available tools research potential target customers. Identify and verify location (or contact details) of prospects.
o Marketing campaign follow up
- Under the direction of the Marketing Manager follow up using email or telephone as appropriate potential opportunities. As applicable pass on leads to sales team, work closely with the Sales team to follow up the outcome of the opportunity
- Continuous Improvement
o Provide and assist with plans for efficiency improvements and implementation of more efficient marketing methods.
- Global Reach
o Develop and deliver campaigns in other English speaking countries (e.g. UK, South Africa, etc.). Note there is a desire to also develop this capability into non-English speaking countries, and a candidate with other language skills (ideally French, German or Spanish) would be viewed favourably
N.B this list is not exhaustive, the job holder is required to carry out reasonable tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Experienced telemarketer within a similar industry
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to understand engineering concepts and communicate them
- Ability to research potential target customers
- Excellent inter-personal skills and effective communication with management, the sales force and customers.
- The ability to build good relationships with senior staff and acknowledge their valuable input into the process.
- Ability to manage varying levels of workload
- Excellent communicator
- Multilingual (FR, DE or ES ideally)