Job Title: Direct Marketing Manager - Individual Giving
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Position: Full Time, Permanent
It's exciting times at the organisation and this is a wonderful opportunity to work with an amazing team, in an organisation with big plans and a great supportive culture.
The Individual Giving team contributes the largest slice of voluntary income to the organisation after legacies and they intend to expand their income by one third in the next three years.
You'll be a major part of that expansion and take a leading role in the development of their digital campaigns and supporter stewardship strategy. Heading up one of the teams, you'll manage a portfolio of projects to ensure that the organisation acquires, develops, and retains supporters. The main channels you'll utilise include Digital, TV, Face to Face, direct mail and telephone.
- Creating a business plan and budget for your areas of responsibility, optimising return on investment, with milestones, timescales and KPIs.
- Managing an extensive portfolio of projects (activities include Face to Face, TV, direct mail, telemarketing, email and digital ensuring they are delivered on time and meet objectives.
- Producing both project reviews and quarterly reviews, evaluating activity against budgets and KPIs.
- Ensuring continuous innovation and improvement to improve business performance, customer satisfaction and life time value.
- Database management - working with the Direct Marketing Officers to ensure the CRM team, Finance and Supporter Services teams and agencies are fully briefed to handle and input all response data.
- Setting, monitoring and controlling income and expenditure in relation to agreed budgets and produce regular forecasts, monitoring all purchasing including quotations/ invoices, logging and reporting & liaising with Finance.
- Effectively managing one DM officer. Regular 121s with your DM officer team monitoring progress against appraisal objectives. Setting objectives for the following year monitoring their progress.
- Ensuring delivery of performance management and personal development procedures across dept.
- Working with other departments to enhance the lifetime value of supporters across the organisation, in particular Services, Supporter care and Communication teams.
- Ensuring best practice is achieved in all Individual Giving activity at the organisation and ensure all activity reflects the brand guidelines.
- Managing relationships to get the best out of your agencies and suppliers.
- Data Protection - Ensuring compliance to GDPR as it relates to IG activity keeping up to date with data protection regulations and best practice Ensuring correct 'permission' held for all supporters.
- Working with CRM to deliver full control of marketing preferences to supporters Ensure that all communications follow Charity and data protection legislation and meet relevant IOF, DMA, FPS, TPS. & Charity Commission guidelines.
- Demonstrable Direct and Digital Marketing experience on either agency or client side.
- Experience of financial management: ability to plan and monitor expenditure budgets and review and report income targets.
- Experience of line managing and leading fundraisers.
- Experience of developing income streams successfully.
- Track record of testing ways to begin new income streams.
- Informed about changing guidelines within direct and digital marketing fundraising specifically the GDPR legislation.
- Experience of managing ongoing relationships with agencies and suppliers.
- In depth knowledge of the principles of individual giving fundraising.
- Experience of CRM databases.
- Full driving license.
- Diploma in direct/digital marketing.
- Experience of digital marketing.
- Experience of telemarketing.
- Knowledge of the charity sector.
- Knowledge of print-buying and production.
- Understanding of the principles of customer relationship management.
- Experience of lottery and gaming products.
What's in it for you?
Working for the organisation is very rewarding; they have been dedicated to helping pets since 1897! They value their brilliant employees and offer competitive benefits including:
- Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension scheme.
- Company Sick Pay.
- Life Insurance following probationary period.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 09:00 on 23rd October 2017.
Interview dates 30th and 31st October 2017.
To apply for this role, all candidates must complete the online application process, uploading a CV and covering letter on the organisation's website. When clicking apply now please ensure you complete all the steps to be taken to the portal.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application page.
Candidates with experience of; Direct Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Executive, Fundraising Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Manager, Exhibitions, B2B Marketing, Event Manager, Senior Marketing Analyst, Fundraising Marketing Manager, Marketing Director, Senior Marketing Coordinator, Fundraising Coordinator, Marketing Strategy Manager, Business Development, Group Marketing Coordinator, Head of Marketing will be considered for this role.