Our client, is a leading sports nutrition retailer based in Leeds which is dedicated to offering customers a wide range of products and supporting them with the highest levels of customer service. Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting for an Ecommerce Trading Manager to join the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director the Ecommerce Trading Manager will be responsible for optimising the sales potential of my client’s website globally through effective tactical and strategic site trading activities. This is a very commercially focused and highly analytical role. On a daily basis, you will gather, review and draw conclusions from website performance offering insightful, commercially savvy and customer focused solutions.
Ecommerce Trading Manager Responsibilities
- Create a trading framework amongst ecommerce, digital marketing and purchasing teams that ensures alignment of trading activities and methods and secure exclusive online deals for ecommerce trading calendar
- Responsibility for the successful merchandising of key areas on the site such as home page, category/brand landing pages, site search pages, and product recommendations. Ensure the merchandising strategy drives and delivers the right range presented in the right way and the right location on the website; ensuring launch and on-going availability and control of slow moving stock
- Support the Digital Manager in maximising conversion, average selling price, participation, sales and profit from online trading activity
- Monitor content and product performance to ensure that products are merchandised effectively and make iterative improvements to drive the maximum opportunity for conversion.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing to ensure that the product/range/trading strategies are supported by the digital marketing strategy for all trafficked channels - including SEO, PPC, Affiliates, retargeting and social advertising.
- Produce regular management information and reports, analysing the performance of products, promotions and landing pages. Taking appropriate action where necessary to enhance sales and the customer journey
- Work with the eCommerce Buyer and suppliers on activity briefs and asset collection whilst building strong supplier relationships.
- Work with Purchasing and Marketing to develop and maintain an efficient process to improve the timely publishing of product with all available assets, accurate information and high quality, rich content.
- Identify and implement new product opportunities that are commercially viable and meet customer needs to drive profitability and loyalty.
- Review pricing, ensuring that the website is competitive and maximises profitability
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of our online platform Salesforce Commerce Cloud, formerly known as Demandware.
- To be the skilled online expert – utilise and continually develop expert knowledge in sports nutrition products, competitors and market activity to deliver increased sales.
- Identify content required (e.g. copy, video etc.) source and supply this to Marketing and Content Specialist
- Continual monitoring and improvement of onsite SEO working in conjunction with an external SEO provider and the Head of Marketing.
- Monitor site search performance and react accordingly to maximise relevant product exposure and aid conversion.
- Manage product facets to ensure ease of navigation and improving the user journey.
- On site A/B and multi-variate testing: Owning the process, working with the IT team to define the scope, set-up, execution and analysis of onsite tests, building a ‘test & learn’ culture within the team.
- Utilising web analytics: Monitoring KPIs and identifying areas in need of improvement or ripe for a fresh approach
- Regular in-depth onsite/offsite analysis per product category and competitor, providing feedback and recommendations to the wider business.
- Report trading limitations such site availability, platform functionality, system and process issues to the IT team for resolution or development.
Ecommerce Trading Manager Skills & Requirements
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical and numerate with strong reporting skills
- Problem solving, developing practical solutions to enhance the user journey
- Good Google Analytics skills
- Understanding the customer, an interest in sports nutrition is important.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external business teams across diverse groups of individuals and interests
Ecommerce Trading Manager is offering a competitive basic salary plus benefits for the successful candidate.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Ecommerce Trading Manager.