21 days ago
Email & CRM Marketing Executive
Last Date for Application
Overall Job Purpose
Take ownership of and be responsible for all email marketing within the Immediate Media subscriptions team. Marketing activity includes acquisition campaigns, retention campaigns and general CRM campaigns. Key to this role is providing continual optimisation and automation of the channel through data analysis, testing and best practice to ultimately drive engagement, conversion and retention of print subscription customers.
This position will enable the subscriptions digital marketing team and the wider direct marketing team across London and Bristol to execute award-winning integrated marketing campaigns that are optimised to meet campaign KPIs and brand/company strategic objectives. Results will be communicated to the Senior Digital Marketing Manager and wider team across London and Bristol offices.
This role sits within our digital marketing team that directly supports the subscriptions marketing team across Immediate Media.
Key responsibilities and expectations include:
* Budget Targets – deliver brand solus and portfolio acquisition email campaigns on time and meet budgeted order volumes.
* CRM Development – support, influence, and implement the subscriptions CRM strategy through a data-first approach that engages, converts and retains subscription customers.
* Working Relationships – build a strong working relationship with our ESP (Adestra), data teams, marketing teams, creative teams, and our subscriptions fulfilment provider, DSB.net.
* Project Roadmap – design, prioritise and project manage the implementation of new initiatives and channel developments in partnership with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager.
* Campaign & Metrics Optimisation – plan and conduct appropriate testing and optimisation strategies within the email platform. Work closely with the Senior Ecommerce Marketing Executive on appropriate customer journeys on buysubscriptions.com to maximise results.
* Reporting – use sophisticated reporting tools and templates to present findings, learnings and results from campaigns and tests to the subscriptions team and stakeholders around the business.
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of marketing and digital marketing principles and must have experience in email marketing and customer relationship management. The candidate will be able to demonstrate how data-driven decisions have increased sales, retention and profitability.
The candidate will have a proven track record in delivering projects in a timely manner through management of their own time, as well as other stakeholders.
Experience in HTML, email service platforms (ideally Adestra), data segmentation, Google Analytics, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel are essential. Technical knowledge of XML, JSON, and website optimisation tools would also be beneficial.
Furthermore, we would expect the candidate to be:
A Team Player & Good Communicator
They will be an important member of the digital marketing team and expected to actively contribute to team activity, share the team’s ambition, and work with colleagues to deliver the best results.
This role will involve working with the entire subscriptions team, as well as managing relationships with key third party partners and internal stakeholders. Confident, accurate and timely written and spoken communication skills are required.
Self-Motivated, Intelligent & Organised
The successful candidate will be well supported within the team, but will be expected to use their intelligence and initiative to manage their workload, assume responsibility, and adopt new concepts and technologies. They will be capable, agile and able to accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks in order to meet deadlines.
Enthusiastic & Keen to Develop
They will be energetic and enthused by the challenges this role provides. They will embrace grasping knowledge of new processes, technologies and a way of working quickly. Training will be provided in all aspects of the role, but the candidate will also be expected to seize new opportunities and stay up to date on industry and channel developments.
Reporting on results and trends is a key part of digital marketing. We use a number of analytical tools to assess our campaigns and website performance against core KPIs. Our successful candidate will be comfortable in using data to inform our marketing activity.