3 months ago
* An Engagement Events consultant based at our head office in Swindon
* £30,204-43,628 based on 35 hours a week.
* Open to considering a flexible working pattern.
*Applications are invited until Tuesday 16th January, and candidates should be available for a 1st round interview either on Tuesday 23rd January or Wednesday 24th January in Swindon.
The Engagement & Events Team sits within the Marketing & Engagement Community. Our role is to create engaging, inspiring events for Nationwide employees and members, working with the business to make sure that the right messages land at the right time, while keeping a close eye on budget and cost efficiency.
All our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and job sharing.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
Our ideal candidate:
* Will be passionate about delivering high-quality events that engage and inspire audiences – be that employees or members
* Will understand that an event isn’t about how much money you throw at it, but the messages that people take from it
* Have an eye for detail and incredible organisational skills – evidenced in their experience of delivering stellar events in the past
* Clichéd, but will be a team player. We’re a relatively new, but already strong team who look out for each other, step in to support when we can see it’s needed and genuinely love what we do
* Have a minimum of one years’ experience in a similar role, or be able to demonstrate significant suitable relevant experience of delivering high-value events
What you'll be doing
The Engagement & Events Team sits within the Marketing & Engagement Community.
You will be involved in the management and delivery of events for both employees and members as required. Some will be face to face, some will be via digital channels, and all will require creativity, attention to detail, excellent stakeholder relationships and a positive attitude.
You’ll work closely with multiple areas of the Society, and develop relationships with our third party rostered events agencies to drive quality, value and efficiency.
This is an interesting and challenging role that will provide you with project ownership and the ability to learn about, work with and influence cross-departmental stakeholders.
If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you!