An exciting and busy Events Administrator / Member Meetings Administrator role at a successful not-for-profit association, based in offices just outside of Bristol. To start ASAP. The company.
A national trade association offering 'one voice' for members involved in this sector across England. They plan an annual calendar of workshop events, conferences, and webinars for members and organisations. The Events Administrator / Member Meetings Administrator will join a small events team based in offices just outside of Bristol. The role.
Reporting to the Head of Events, the organisation is looking to recruit a full time Events Administrator to co-ordinate the Member Meetings programme. The role is primarily office based in Keynsham with some on-site event duties. The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
The experience we need.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing the date for each event (40+ each year) in liaison with all stakeholders
- Creation and editing of event websites from scratch using the etouches event management system (training provided)
- To attend a number of events each year (where necessary), providing on-site management and support to delegates, speakers and internal staff
- Venue searching – external and member locations – and liaison
- Marketing activity including, creation of content for social media, creation of email alerts to members using the etouches event management system and telemarketing where necessary to follow-up outstanding meeting enquiries/ROIs
- Negotiate and secure sponsorship for Member Meetings in conjunction with internal staff and on-going liaison with sponsor once appointed
- Overview of and administrative support on venue contracts and invoices, and overall budget
- Creation and preparation of event materials including; badges, delegate information (e.g. agendas, attendance lists, on-site sign-in sheets, handouts, feedback forms etc.)
- Maintaining database records of venues, speakers/facilitators, previous and potential sponsors for internal events
- Evaluate delegate feedback from events and produce summaries
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required by the Head of Events or other members of the team
It is essential the candidate for this position is from an events background with back-office (events administrative) experience together with some customer facing (on-site events) experience as the person will also be expected to attend large events as part of the events team or indeed, to provide on-site cover on smaller events if necessary. The applicant must therefore possess; an understanding of the events cycle, be a great time manager to handle the volume of events with the often short timescales, be able to demonstrate accuracy when dealing with venue confirmations/contract completion and delegate information, understand the importance of budgets/VAT, have the tact and diplomacy when interacting with senior/ key personnel within the business and external organisations, understand the basic principles of marketing/sales, be efficient and flexible with superb customer service skills, possess good judgement when making decisions and have the confidence to manage the events process with little supervision, taking ownership of this area. What you’ll get in return.
The opportunity to take on a high responsibility Events Administrator / Member Meetings Administrator role within a busy events department for a very successful organisation. A competitive salary package is on offer starting at £16,514 and rising to £17,514 after successful 3 month probation period. How to apply.
If this sounds of interest, then please click the apply button right away!
For more info on this or similar roles please give Rachael Ellison