10 days ago
Information on the company
The world’s leading provider of specialised events for railways, metros and airports is expanding its team! Their events range from large-scale congresses with 400 plus attendants to mid-scale exhibitions with over 2000 attendees. They also own and manage a global news and resource portal for the rail and metro industry, which has more than 16,000 unique visitors a month and is used by their global community of over 50,000 contacts. It is soon to be re-launched and has huge commercial scope to grow. In addition, a new venture for the company has now expanded out of the rail portfolio and into bio-based chemicals with two new events in Amsterdam and San Francisco addressing this emerging market so it’s a very exciting time to join the team! Previous junior hires are now handling international marketing campaigns, launching a new railways conference in Mumbai, and negotiating trade delegations from Brazil and Mexico.
This is a full-time graduate job based by Farringdon station in Central London paying up to £24,000 for the right candidate.
Key day-to-day responsibilities:
This is a varied role which offers great insight and exposure into the entire running of a small events and media company but with particular practice in customer service, operations and marketing, and therefore offering options as to which direction to take their career as the company grows.
General event customer service
* Set up and test event registration pages with complete accuracy - varying rates, attendee types, discount codes, bank details, VAT rules etc.
* Assist all types of attendees with the registration process when necessary (phone or online)
* Help with accommodation/travel bookings when needed, including sourcing and securing hotel group rates for delegates.
* Create visa application letters when necessary
* Co-ordinate RSVP’s for site visits/workshops/dinners etc.
* Respond to all enquiries and ongoing issues in timely manner
* Actively seek honest feedback, both ad-hoc and using systematic approaches (pre-event, onsite and post event), recording findings and reporting back to the team, with suggestions, so necessary improvements can be implemented.
* Take complete ownership of the networking tool – ensuring it is set-up correctly, and monitoring and promoting its use.
* Contact key sponsors/speakers/VIP’s in a tiered system to offer various levels of service for setting up onsite meetings
* Occasionally onsite at events to manage pre-arranged and help facilitate ad-hoc meetings
* Contact VIPs to offer them free registration to events and encourage their attendance.
* Phone speakers and sponsors to encourage them to invite/register associates
* Provide team with registration figures in weekly project meetings/at any point and feedback on progress.
* Update account software on a daily basis with invoices received and outgoing invoices.
* Provide necessary information to clients to help expedite payment process and take credit card payments.
* Make amendments to invoices when requested
* Chase payments when necessary
Client admin and assistance
* Chase up items required by ops/marketing/production/editorial – sponsor logos/profiles/adverts/contact lists/registrations/white papers, speaker names/presentation titles/presentations, awards submissions, etc.
* Systematically update clients on performance of editorial packages and producing progress reports – downloads, lead gen etc.
* Keep accurate records of current company/client engagements to offer centralised assistance and to aid in developing personable relationships with key people.
* Develop a detailed understanding of how each of the other departments work within the company and adopt the key attributes of the company culture to become an excellent representative.
Your ideal personality and qualifications:
* Proactive, forward thinking and imaginative to anticipate wants and needs of customers and clients
* A serious understanding of what constitutes excellent customer service and a genuine passion to exceed expectations
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and confidently over the phone, in writing and face-to-face with people at a senior level
* The ability to quickly develop personable but professional relationships
* A team player who is happy to assist with ad-hoc duties, able to think creatively to solve problems and work calmly under pressure
* Exceptional attention to detail and organisation skills, with a meticulous and well managed approach to ensure all duties are covered and kept on top of
* 100% fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of additional languages is a bonus
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages, specifically Excel and Outlook
* Good standard of maths required
* Experience in the conference/hospitality industry preferred but not essential
* Experience of working with registration and/or accounting software desirable
Apply for this role