There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
Do you strive to make a large-scale impact within an extremely successful nationwide business?
Do you desire to be the forefront of knowledge and understanding within a critical aspect of business processes?
Do you have a passion for cross analysis of data and staying one step ahead of the competition?
Can you make a decent cup of coffee?
Yes? Well, shut down those other job search tabs, grab your CV and read on, as you have just found your perfect role.
As the Insight Manager at Lookers you will have the opportunity to play an orchestrating role in our aim to become the UK's largest motor retailer by establishing yourself as the go-to person for all things performance. You will be relied upon to provide detailed insight into the market with the aim to drive sales and positively influence marketing campaigns, all the time being surrounded by supportive, like-minded professionals who will be on hand to make that ambition a reality. Oh, also, if you can't make a decent cup of coffee, tea is also acceptable.
Purpose of post
· To inform and support the marketing function through effective performance reporting and analysis across the landscape of the business. Don't worry, they're a lovely bunch.
· To broaden the availability and use of effective customer data within the business to drive service improvement and meet strategic aims.
· To work with the Customer Engagement Manager and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of targeted campaigns and data analysis projects.
· To support Divisional Brand Managers and marketing teams in the effective interpretation of insight data. Your ability to relay the information effectively is vital to our success.
· To advise on the marketing teams approach to customer insight by maintaining a sound awareness of good practice and regulatory requirements within the sector.
Key duties and responsibilities;
Data validation, analysis and evidence
· To liaise with service leads and other stakeholders to identify data analysis needs.
· To support the evidence and information needs in a range of strategic and service improvement projects across the organisation.
· To undertake statistical analysis of customer data and any other sources of intelligence available to inform customer insight objectives.
· To identify correlations and trends using large-scale interrogation and statistical analysis techniques across Lookers and external datasets.
· To undertake validation and quality assurance of customer intelligence information.
· To identify any weaknesses in controls for collection of customer data and report these to the Customer Engagement Manager.
· To ensure the use of information collected conforms to relevant legislation and good practice.
· To provide customer insight data for inclusion in regular manager/team/board reports as required.
· Collate customer-centric information to be interpreted and fed to the Customer Engagement Manager.
· To respond to one-off requests for customer intelligence from managers and teams.
· To support, in liaison with the Customer Engagement Manager, the development of reports that enable effective evidence based decision making for managers and teams.
· To provide customer insight data as required for the production of benchmarking.
· To proactively report research findings and outcomes to the Customer Engagement Manager for publication to managers and teams. It's a good job the Customer Engagement Manager is a nice person considering the amount of time you'll be spending with them.
· To ensure the provision of user-friendly results as appropriate for the needs and abilities of a range of target audiences.
· Applied knowledge of statistical analysis and reporting methods. This is kind of a biggie.
· An understanding of research methods and analysis of results.
· Knowledge of statistical analysis tools and applications.
· Knowledge and understanding of databases and reporting tools.
· Good IT skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel or equivalent analytical applications.
· A general awareness of performance monitoring and targets.
· Producing reports for differing audiences using Microsoft Office or equivalent.
· Well-developed analytical and proactive problem solving skills.
· Ability to communicate statistical information in an understandable and user-friendly format.
· Customer service skills - ability to recognise and meet in-house customer requirements.
· Ability to prioritise.
· Team working and presentation skills.
So, if you have demonstrable, relevant work experience requiring computer use, data/communication skills and meeting deadlines, and a drive to be a dependable, resourceful and appreciated member of an extremely successful nationwide UK business then we look forward to your application. If not, then this probably isn't the gig for you.
Also, don't worry, tea and coffee skills can be taught.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.