8 months ago
Information on the company
Our client is the only COPPA compliant, safe social content platform purpose-built for the kids market. It’s a safe, moderated medium for kids to engage with their favourite content and brands, designed specifically for the safety and data privacy requirements of the under-13 audience.
It is used by hundreds of thousands of kids across the US, UK and Canada, with the average user spending 45 minutes a day on the platform (twice the dwell time of Instagram).
This is a 3 month internship paying National Minimum Wage designed to lead to a permanent graduate job.
How you can expect to spend your day;
The role reports to the Head of Engineering, and is a full-time member of the Product Team, responsible for the applications, website and, Platform. You will be working within the Product Team to ensure that users have a great experience whenever we make updates to the company’s products.
Day-to-day tasks will include learning about the following.
* You will work within the product team to define, document and test the acceptance criteria for all product changes and new features.
* You will work with the Product Manager, Designer and Engineers to understand product changes and their impact on the existing product.
* You will be responsible for writing clear documentation detailing both what should happen (“Happy Path”), and what should occur when things go wrong (“Failure Paths”).
* You will be responsible for asking questions and challenging the Product Manager, Designer and Engineers on all aspects of upcoming product changes and new features, to ensure that edge cases and failure cases have been considered by the team.
* You will be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date set of Regression Test Scripts, which detail the scope of features and expected behaviours that need to be confirmed as working correctly before any new product version is released.
* You will be responsible for carrying out the Regression Tests to ensure that new product versions behave as expected, and no bugs or regressions have been introduced by the most recent product changes or new features.
* You will work with the Editorial team to ensure that you are aware of what users are saying within the community with regards to glitches and issues within the product.
* You will assist the Editorial team with reporting and data analysis to ensure the wider team is kept apprised of the performance of the product.
* You will responsible for monitoring, summarising and reporting feedback from users to identify areas for improvement.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
Experience is less important for this job than attitude and personal qualities. Full training and
continued mentoring will be provided for the responsibilities above.
The following behaviours and characteristics are key to success in the job. Post holders are
expected to demonstrate all these competencies when fully developed into the role:
* Analytical Thinking: Ability to simplify problems into component parts, describing them clearly and systematically, identifying problems and proposing solutions.
* Planning and Organising: Ability to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self. Prioritises and plans you own taking into account the activity and deadlines of the team.
* Influencing/Persuading: Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others, drawing from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
* Pro-active: Ready and able to take initiative, taking a proactive approach to work without close supervision.
* Communication: Ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information. Strong written communicator.
* Team working: Collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and discipline teams. Pro-active attitude to utilising downtime to the benefit of the team.
* Resilience: Able to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, challenging deadlines, increased workload, setbacks or when dealing with difficult situations. Approach to work is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Apply for this role