6 months ago
Information on the company
Our client is the UK’s largest privately-owned media company. It operates a strong portfolio of national newspaper, magazine and broadcasting brands in addition to a number of other media-related businesses.
This is a 6 month internship paying the annual equivalent of £15,600 with the potential to convert to a permanent graduate job.
How can the intern expect to spend their day?
* Writing columns.
* Providing support to the Travel Editor.
* Monitoring the Travel email inbox and responding to or passing on as appropriate.
* Helping to put together fact boxes by speaking with PRs and tourist boards.
* Collecting pictures together from the picture desks.
* Printing out copy and sending to picture desks.
* Checking facts in copy to ensure correctness.
* Printing out proofs.
* Organising press trip invitations.
* Collating names of interested parties for press trips and presenting to Travel Editor.
* Following up with PRs to put them in touch with participants.
* There may also be the opportunity to do some writing and put together themed columns.
Tell us about the ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
* A recent graduate, ideally with a degree in English, Journalism, or a related subject.
* An aspiring journalist, who loves to write and had an interest in the media.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* At home in a robust, fast-moving, pressured environment.
* Creative, able to bring new ideas, and identify new opportunities.
* At ease with dealing with people at the all levels within the organisation.
* Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
* Any experience writing or a journalism qualification would be a bonus, but it’s not required if you’re able to demonstrate an ability and passion for writing.
Apply for this role