26 days ago
Graphic Designer - Events
More information about this job
For close to 174 years, The Economist has been a trusted source for those looking to understand more about the world around them. As the leader of debate in the pursuit of progress, Economist Events tackles leading issues through a forward-looking, uniquely global perspective.
We provide the necessary tools for business leaders, senior executives and policy makers to make informed decisions and to stay ahead of the game in a rapidly changing world.
We are currently seeking a mid-level/senior Graphic Designer who will play a pivotal role in consolidating our Events brand identity across marketing campaigns, on-site signage and sponsored programmes. This position is ideal for those looking to work in a exciting and fast-paced environment.
To succeed in the role you must have:
* BA degree in Graphic or Visual design preferred or an equivalent work experience
* At least 2-3 years experience in either in-house or agency side in visual design/branding, advertising, marketing design or equivalent
* A compelling body of work that demonstrates design best-practice and an ability to solve problems
* Ability to conceptualize and craft vector-based designs and image manipulation competently
* Be equally proficient in print design processes as well as digital (coding skills are an advantage)
* Great attention to detail is key
* Team management and/or leadership experience a plus
* Ability to multi-task effectively is critical
* Comfortable working on fast turnaround times and handling multiple deadlines at once
* Proactive and self-starter who can organize his/her time and manage projects effectively
* Curious, intelligent and creative
* Motivated and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
* Strong communications skills (written and verbal) are vital
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
* Deep knowledge of Adobe CC Suite (Ai, iD, Ps), Microsoft (PPT) and Google Apps (Docs, Slide, Sheets, Drive)
* Must be web-savvy and have working knowledge of JS, HTML or any web/mobile coding language
* Up-to-date knowledge of technology and digital platforms including social media, apps and e-marketing
* You are equally enthusiastic about creative briefs and iterative work
* You are a strong team player
Please, provide a link to your portfolio.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.