Better Placed are delighted to be partnering with one of Yorkshire's biggest and most established businesses to recruit the pivotal role of Head of Brand. Having undergone a successful re-brand at the beginning of this year, they have newly created this position to implement and drive all new brand initiatives through all marketing channels. As a global leader in the publishing industry, this role is ideal for you if you have an understanding of the academic publishing sector with senior level marketing or brand experience.
The Head of Brand role will be a key piece in the puzzle for the future direction of this global leader. You can expect to be involved in all areas of internal and external branding exercises and campaigns to drive customer engagement and brand perception.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of brand strategy
- Positioning of the brand to engage the target community and differentiate the proposition
- Overall corporate communications strategy including use of channels such as web and video
- Manage growing number of touchpoints where customers interact with the brand, and encourage customers to have conversations around the brand to increase engagement
- Acting as a corporate spokesperson, including proactive speaker engagements within the industry and customer communities, and active blogging on behalf of the brand
- Own the corporate brand presentation visually, verbally and via all customer channels - including in person, conferences, online and offline
- Own the Corporate websites as key brand delivery channels and engagement channels for customers, in collaboration with other Marketing leads
- Work with creative agencies to deliver brand identity, copywriting and brand campaigns as appropriate
- Work with Regional (Marketing) Managers to support brand delivery and adaptation globally
- Brand and thought leadership campaign strategy to build brand awareness and affinity
- Use of the brand and brand messaging on social media
- Provide internal staff with the tools, support and encouragement to talk about brand positioning with confidence
- Enable sales to talk about and use the brand effectively in sales presentations
- Metrics to track the effectiveness of the brand in awareness, affinity and driving commercial return
- Member of the marketing senior management team, with joint responsibility for the strategy and delivery across the marketing department.
- Communicate strategies and results across the business
- Build positive personal and organizational relationships with the business leadership and other members of Marketing management, to coordinate overall marketing planning.
- Build relationships within the wider industry to gain insight into competitor strategies and inform the department's marketing development.
Role Specific Competencies:
- 5+ years experience in an academic publishing environment
- Demonstrable understanding of trends, dynamics and issues in the industry
- Demonstrable understanding of the role of a brand in customer engagement and commercial return
- Ability to impact and influence others
- Ability to lead a high performing team
This a great opportunity for a Senior Brand Manager/Senior Marketing Manager or Head of Brand/Head of Marketing to join a global leader in what is a fascinating time in their strategic brand direction.
Based in West Yorkshire, this role is commutable from Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Skipton, Manchester and surrounding areas.
To be considered for this Head of Brand role, please apply now with an updated CV.
Better Placed is undoubtedly one of the UK's leading Marketing Recruitment specialists. Over the last 15 years, we have been placing talented people into businesses across multiple sectors including FMCG, Retail, Financial Services and Agency. With offices in Leeds, London and Manchester, we are "better placed" to recruit marketing and digital talent for some of the UK's, and even world's biggest brands