about 1 month ago
This not-for-profit organisation is looking to recruit to the role of Head of Development. The post holder will be responsible for providing overall strategic leadership for the Thousand Club, and all high value fundraising. The post holder will develop their overall fundraising strategy, develop and implement the national and local income generation plans, and support regional plans. The post holder will oversee and project manage the work of other members of the team as required, and ensure income targets are met.
- Develop their overall fundraising strategy; develop and implement the national and local income generation plans and support regional plans.
- To manage projects within the Development team to ensure income targets are met. Working within the framework of the PPERA and observing its implications.
- Manage and build effective relationships with donors and all other relevant individual and organisational stakeholders.
- Their donor management strategy including the effective oversight of the Thousand Club, research, the solicitation of gifts and the appropriate acknowledgment of donations.
- Ensure the integrity of data within the fundraising database.
- To oversee the production of regular donation reports on behalf of the Development Team as required by the Governance & Legal Unit.
- To oversee and project manage the work of other members of the Development Team as required, ensuring financial targets and deadlines are met through the delivery of the fundraising programme and associated events.
- To lead and develop the Development Team by:
o Coaching and developing a team of professionals, providing expertise and advice as necessary in order to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
o Acting as a role model and demonstrating breadth of expertise as well as strong leadership skills
o Ensuring deadlines are met and if necessary oversee the re-distribution of workload
o Ensure the relevant training and development of individuals is in place and set personal objectives for staff based on the overall strategy
- To carry out any other reasonable task as directed by the Executive Director- Finance, Commercial & Development.
The successful candidate will have proven experience at a similar level, proven experience of formulating and managing budgets, a proven track record of success in project management, and a proven track record of working with conflicting responsibilities.
The organisation values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
3 days ago
only 25 days until close