5 months ago
The Body Shop International is recruiting a Head of Digital Marketing to work within our digital team based in East Croydon.
Why work for The Body Shop?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The role in a nutshell
The role will be responsible for developing the digital marketing approach in conjunction with the Digital Leadership and Brand teams. They will actively participate in the Brand Activation and Event Plannning meetings to define the international digital marketing plans each quarter. They will be tasked with delivering customer acquisition and retention goals of The Body Shop and maximising return on investment.
They will work collaboratively with Zone and Market teams to execute digital marketing, paid media, SEO, CRM and loyalty sales and marketing plans to achieve budget. This role will transform the way The Body Shop goes to market to recruit and retain customers to drive global sales growth. The role will be responsible for creating joined up digital marketing plans that work alongside other marketing activities in stores and online.
A day in the life of
* Responsible for defining the global Digital Marketing plan to deliver sales and customer growth
* Cascade annual budget guidelines and quarterly marketing plans to Zone and Market teams to implement, across both Company and Franchise markets
* Use industry, competitor, agency and in-house insights and analytics to continuously improve effectiveness of digital marketing activity
* Coordinate closely with the Digital Product team to ensure technical SEO changes and other marketing technology requirements are implemented
* Manage global agency and media relationships for paid digital media, SEO, CRM, Google, and Facebook
* Ensure that The Body Shop brand values and expression are felt by the customer, coordinating with other parts of the organisation to ensure this occurs
* Coordinate with Digital Content and Creative Studio teams to ensure all assets delivered on time and to scope
* Ensure digital marketing best practices are followed by the local and regional teams
* Act as a point of contact with the Zones/Markets on digital marketing performance
* Present digital marketing plans to Senior Management teams
What you'll need
* Seasoned digital marketer, with experience ideally from a multi-channel retail environment
* Track record of achieving customer acquisition and retention goals and maximizing return on investment
* Experience working in multi-national matrix organisations
* Experience running marketing campaigns across multiple countries
* Experience managing marketing agencies and media partners, Google and Facebook experience essential
* Excellent understanding of retail, ecommerce, SEO, social media, CRM, loyalty and paid digital media
* Strong manager and able to build, develop and motivate a high performing team
* An effective leader able to create buy-in and influence across a large number of stakeholders
* Commercially driven with a focus on the numbers and growth levers
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a live living wall in the reception area.
Want to join The Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development.
Here at The Body Shop House we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!