Brand Manager - Innovation £40k + bonusWest London. Ref: TL884427
The primary role as Brand Manager is to lead the innovation agenda to modernise and revitalise this leading Food manufacturer's heartland and build a true megabrand - innovation has been identified as a key strategic pillar towards achieving this objective over the next 3 years. Within the brand marketing team, the role of innovation is to drive new news and relevance across the portfolio, continuing to grow core and drive portfolio penetration, and reporting to the Innovation Marketing Controller, the Brand Manager will be accountable for defining, testing and executing new growth opportunities across all elements of the marketing mix. This will include involvement in projects on innovation strategy, positioning, consumer insights, testing, commercial optimisation and operational implementation within the grocery retail environment.
Essential experience and skills
Successful candidates will have a level of innovation and marketing experience, preferably gained within a challenging FMCG environment. As a result of experience to date, you should bring demonstrable skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Use of analytical skills and intuition to help generate consumer driven strategies that deliver incremental NPD opportunities
- Consumer insight led thinking – 'walk in consumers shoes' to identify powerful and engaging consumer opportunities and manage the ongoing funnel of ideas which meets the revenue targets for their portfolio
- Commercial experience – strong financial understanding to build innovation ideas whilst balancing commercial, customer and consumer motivation to deliver incremental top and bottom line growth
- Project management - deliver high quality results with attention to execution
- Can do attitude – spots opportunities, takes appropriate/calculated risks and learns from previous experience and get stuff done
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate determination, ambition and leadership. You can't accept mediocre results but always target excellence. Superb opportunities for career progression.