4 months ago
We are seeking an SEO Manager to join our International Digital team in Croydon, London. This role will create and execute robust SEO strategies to grow and optimize inbound performance across desktop, mobile and tablet, driving growth and efficient performance.
Why work for The Body Shop?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
A Day in the Life:
* Monitor and grow SEO traffic and revenue globally
* Lead on-site and off-site SEO global strategy
* Manage external agencies to ensure we get maximum value and that they deliver campaigns on time with impact clearly measured
* Work alongside our digital agency to develop engaging internal training sessions that inspire, motivate and influence internal teams (including production, content, buying, social, PR)
* Provide guidelines to diverse teams – Brand Marketing, IT, franchisees, PR, ecommerce, social media, paid search, content, etc.
* Own overall SEO insight, reporting and tools, including developing a uniform set of KPIs and measures of return on investment, to ensure we are measuring success effectively and consistently
* Develop and drive the technical roadmap for SEO, ensuring prioritization by business impact
* Analyse keyword rankings and trends to influence and optimize content
* Evaluate and suggest UX changes to improve on-site performance
* Drive cultural change needed for SEO traffic growth internationally across teams and geographies
* Stay at the forefront of SEO practices and share across the business acting as SEO champion
Do you fit the bill?
* Previous hands on SEO experience in agency or another brand (ideally within retail)
* Experience working in a multinational/matrix org structure
* Highly commercial and able to deploy a numerate, evidence based approach
* International multi-lingual experience preferred
* Competent use of SEO tools including Google Webmaster Tools, Google Business Manager, web crawl tools, rank performance tools, web analytics, etc.
* Excellent understanding of measuring the impact of SEO, tracking KPIs and deriving insight
* Excellent knowledge of the latest best practice link and social share earning strategies, tactics and processes
* Excellent understanding of website IA, URL structure and schema, able to leverage tools to analyse website taxonomy and provide recommendations
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a live living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!