3 months ago
* You will be responsible for the quality delivery of technical, infrastructure related projects, in line with the Society’s project management processes and methodology
* Managing project budget costs and resources, matrix managing resources across various teams
* Fostering and enhancing strong professional relationships with relevant stakeholders, suppliers and colleagues
* Assisting with selection and engagement of third party suppliers through the procurement process, ensuring best value is achieved for the society
* Identifying and anticipating operational and regulatory risk and managing accordingly as required
* You will inspire and engage project team members and key stakeholders through promotion of the Society’s objectives, values and behaviours
* Supporting a high performance culture by challenging, monitoring and championing best practice within the project management team and wider departments
You will have a demonstrable track record in delivering end to end Infrastructure projects on time and within budget.
You will use your excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain productive working relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
You will have a strong technical understanding of IT Infrastructure ( LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Storage, Telephony, installation of third party systems and integration with cloud based services etc.) and the Microsoft Product suite.
* The ability to translate complex IT concepts to a non-technical audience is also a key skill required for the role.
* Experience of transitioning solutions from project delivery to operational support
* Experience of requirements gathering and management
* Experience of defining and implementing test strategies and plans
* Excellent presentation skills, with previous experience presenting to stakeholders up to Project Board level.
* Analytical approach with a high level of attention to detail, having used structured methodologies such as PRINCE2/APM
* ITIL experience and qualifications are highly desirable
About the Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests
* Car Allowance – if applicable to role
* More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care