6 months ago
Over the past 2 years the Sytner IT Development team have demonstrated the multiple benefits of having an in-house software team. This has led to the growing demand from all aspects of the business for new internal and external facing systems. As such, the team is looking to expand and is currently recruiting for additional Senior Developers, Developers, Junior Developers, QC analyst and support developer positions.
In the last 6 months the department has been modernised by a change in Directors. This has led to
• Brand new virtualised infrastructure to replace all existing development servers.
• Brand new laptops for all development team members.
• New tools to manage our processes (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo)
• A 10x increase in our training budget which we are looking to invest in MCSDs
• A new embracing approach to new technologies
We’re currently at an exciting point in Sytner’s software journey. We have multiple upcoming projects ranging from a new external facing car auction website, to multiple iOS apps for use within our dealerships, alongside these we have a whole suite of web applications that are essential to the operation of our dealerships. We’re also looking at the following exciting technologies; AngularJS, Bootstrap, BackboneJS, KnockoutJS, .Net Core, Single Page Applications, Web API, Mobile App, Development, Automated UI testing, Automated Builds via Bamboo, Unit Testing, Azure & Less.
We’d like applicants to have exposure to some of the following skills:
● Ideal candidates will have a computing related degree or relevant work experience.
● Some programming experience, preferably in C# .Net.
● Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, Stored Procedures, performance tuning),
● Entity Framework (or similar ORM)
● JQuery, AJAX, HTML and CSS.
● SQL Server Reporting Services
● Source control and work item management software.
● WCF or Web Services.
● Exposure to TDD
● Experience working in an Agile environment
● With guidance from more senior members of the team, code, test, debug and document software according to the business requirements.
● Develop, maintain and assist with support of existing in-house systems.
● Liaise with the Sytner IT Helpdesk and aid the application support analyst with investigating and resolving issues.
● Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
Sytner Group represents 19 of the world's most desirable car manufacturers in over 100 dealerships across the UK. Founded by British Touring Car Champion Frank Sytner and his brother Alan in 1968, Sytner Group celebrates a one team spirit and strives to follow Frank's uncompromising driving style by offering an uncompromised customer experience. All of our staff are knowledgeable and enthusiastic; sharing the aim of always getting it right first time and making each and every interaction special by always going the extra mile. This is demonstrable from our proven track record of top 5 best big companies to work for the last 6 years.
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
27 days ago
only 17 hours until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
only 27 days until close
Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire