7 days ago
Lead Quantity Surveyor – Milton Keynes
Lead Quantity Surveyor – Milton Keynes
South East England
Develop your career at the heart of our business
As a Lead Quantity Surveyor you will have management responsibility for the provision of Quantity Surveying services throughout the project lifecycle for a large portfolio of construction projects, covering Retail Branches, Corporate Offices and Head Office buildings, to support delivery of Santander’s Property Investment.
The Property Team provides technical support services for Santander’s property portfolio in the UK, covering Estates Management, Facilities Management (including soft services), Energy Management, Security, Strategy and Construction and Workspace Management.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Lead Quantity Surveyor your main responsibilities will be:
* Manage and direct a small in-house team, providing clear leadership and goal setting.
* Prepare initial budget estimates for Retail Branch and Office Refurbishments, from feasibility proposals to gain financial approvals
* Advise on Cat A acquisitions, new build and complex refurbishments, and develop cost plans
* Audit, review and report on contractors tender/final account based on Schedule of Rates in an agreed format for placing orders or negotiating agreed final account
* In conjunction with Internal Departments, manage contract documentation to achieve framework schedules of rates and other building contracts e.g. JCT with contractors design.
* Develop and manage cost and financial reporting systems.
* Advise and provide commercial expertise to support strategic decision making within Property Division including development of high level cost plans for annual budget planning cycle.
Minimum skills and experience required:
* RICS qualified and a Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
* Proven track record in retail shop fitting construction sector with suitable and relevant experience within a professional Quantity Surveying environment.
* Thorough knowledge of construction shop fitting and refurbishment procedures , working methods and materials
* Ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment.
* Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel.
Salary - Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.