Learning Network Event Manager
Location: London (King’s Cross area)
Basis: Full time, permanent
Salary: £35,000 + pension
Take the lead in an exciting new venture with an important social mission
They're looking for a bright, motivated person to lead a brand-new learning initiative with a powerful social mission at its heart – the dramatic improvement of community health and social care in the UK. It’s a crucial role in a small, entrepreneurial business with great opportunities to really make your mark, leading the development and roll-out of a Learning Network to support community care organisations in providing better services, outcomes and staff engagement.
You will drive the design and build of the Learning Network infrastructure to support their introduction of the Netherlands-based Buurtzorg offering in the UK. You’ll need creative flair, backed up by corporate education experience and the organisational drive to make things happen. You’ll be as happy planning website development as you are hosting events, building relationships with clients and users, and designing both online and offline support features.
With plenty of support from their own consultants and educational experts, you will work to continuously improve the Network offering, from hosting webinars or moderating a forum to designing new content or planning and running large-scale events. You will need plenty of self-motivation and the proven ability to work well both alone and as part of a wider team.
Core responsibilities include:
- Learning Network build: Project managing design; selecting tech platforms; co-ordinating suppliers; creating content; reviewing and testing; marketing the Network launch.
- Event management: designing a programme of online and in-person events, podcasts, webinars etc; project managing the logistics and technology; sourcing guest speakers; liaising with clients; event hosting; conference organisation.
- Network management: keeping content and materials fresh, relevant and exciting and removing outdated content; getting feedback and reviewing customer satisfaction to identify areas for improvement; moderating forum, responding to questions and updating FAQs; producing content for their e-newsletter; co-ordinating or integrating activities with wider marketing plans, including social media, and managing core communications.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have performed similar roles to this before and will be able to show them how you managed the process of keeping an educational website fresh and exciting; ideally with direct experience of establishing an educational network, and managing multiple events;
- Be degree educated, with experience in corporate education, ideally in social or health care environments;
- Demonstrate creativity, organisation, reliability and a keen attitude, able to engage well with the rest of the team and get things done. Ideally you’ll have experience in a similarly fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects in good humour and to a high standard;
- Be a clear, no nonsense communicator – speaking and writing clearly and engagingly, able to quickly make the organisational and clinical matters your own, and be able to judge them on their relevance. A portfolio of previously produced written work to showcase your style and ability would be an advantage;
- Possess strong IT skills, including a range of website management and design packages and social media;
- Have proven experience with paid-for services and budget management;
- Show that you’re self-motivated, able to cope with fast-changing work and someone they can trust to leave to work alone – and to muck in when they're under pressure;
- Understand their mission and share their interest in health and social care, and ideally have experience in relevant sectors.
Our client is an international social enterprise working to help public sector organisations improve their staff and user engagement and service offering. They are the sole UK representatives of Buurtzorg, a ground-breaking provider of district nursing and home care from the Netherlands, and are introducing the Buurtzorg Academy offering in the UK to help the NHS and other care organisations transform the way they provide health and social care in the community: with better outcomes, loved by clients and at lower cost.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
To find out more, download the full job pack and apply for this role, just click the “apply” button below which will take you to their online partners, Easyweb’s application platform.