Job Title: Marketing Analyst
Location: Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The company was set up in 1959; they've been designing and making footwear now for 50 years! They diversified from their roots - slipper production - in the early 1990s, when they had their 'eureka moment' - identifying a niche in the market for stylish shoes with comfort built in.
Since then product innovation, world class production facilities, and continual reinvestment in their business has seen their shoe collections expand beyond all recognition and their circle of friends grow by hundreds of thousands each year.
The company's now looking for a Marketing Analyst to be responsible for all customer and prospect campaign selections; from the initial planning stages to implementation and on through to analysis and evaluation.
Planning & CRM:
- Working with the marketing team to plan the annual communications programme to the mail order, retail and podiatry database which will include timings, frequency, promotions, tests and selections;
- Ensuring that all campaigns are constructed to allow for future growth; robust test and control structures, timely analysis of ROI, and meaningful roll out potential;
- Ensuring that all campaigns and selection adhere to company policies and the Data Protection Act;
- Overseeing database maintenance for marketing preferences and look up tables including mailing histories;
- Ensure the customer and prospect base is cleansed on a regular basis, in an appropriate and cost effective manner;
- Delivering accurate and complete selection briefs and data to all relevant parties in a timely manner;
- Delivering accurate forecasts to enable appropriate staffing levels in the Call Centre;
- Approve and fulfil orders for list names and third party inserts ensuring that the company's reputation and integrity is maintained and protected.
- Understanding, evaluating and improving customer and prospect segmentations;
- Seeking enhancements to improve targeting and grow the base and profits;
- Management of 3rd parties who can be used to enhance database selections and targeting at the optimum profitable level;
- Evaluating current communications; making recommendations towards improved data driven segment strategies.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Providing timely and accurate evaluation and in depth analysis of customers, prospects and campaigns on a daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc basis;
- Providing the marketing team with MI where required;
- Providing insight, evaluation and recommendations at segment level to achieve active growth;
- Delivering monthly board papers.
- Flexible and highly motivated in your approach to your work.
- Quick to identify performance of marketing activities; making conclusive recommendations to improve business performance.
- Able to work to deadlines and manage own time.
- Approach to work conscientiously and uses initiative to conclude tasks and overcome barriers.
- Builds effective internal/external relationships, demonstrating behaviours appropriate to the circumstances. Encourages similar behaviors from others.
- Demonstrates passion for success and commercial growth.
- Numerate degree (Maths, Stats, Science, Engineering, Marketing or Business related) and demonstrable numerical ability.
- High level of proficiency with Excel.
- Experience of SQL preferred or working knowledge of SAS, SPSS, R or similar.
- Some knowledge of Programming or Query languages essential, along with a desire to learn more.
- Experience of Web Analytics (any package) advantageous.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Marketing Assistant, Trainee Marketing Assistant, Graduate Marketing Admin, Graduate Marketer, Trainee Marketing Exec, Trainee Marketing Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Officer, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Co-ordinator, Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing, Direct Marketing, SQL Database, Visual Basic Macros, Mailsort, Social Media Marketing will also be considered for this role.